Help creating a character with depression

Hey! I have a character that has depression but I’ve never had it so I don’t know much about how should I create him. If anyone is familiar with this topic or know information related to it I would appreciate it so much if I could get some tips or information about the topic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

4 Likes

For me it’s like being stuck in such a bad mood that I don’t pay attention to anyone or anything. It’s ruined my motivation at times and has made me feel helpless.

Anxiety is a huge part of it too. I overthink a lot of things until I blame myself for the bad things that have happened recently. I ended up talking to a counselor before school stopped and it helped a little but being home 24/7 sometimes leaves me feeling helpless.

3 Likes

One of my closest friends have dealt with depression. I’m not an expert on it but I know it’s kinda like you are just never truly happy, and nothing is wrong but you just don’t feel great.

2 Likes

For me I went into a depressive state for about a year as a result of aspergers syndrome and it was like I was alone all the time even though I wasn’t I felt like no one loved me or knew me really and it was like sitting in the darkest corner of the room all the time never being able to get up or out.

It was pretty bleak but I feel much better now its been a three years :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

depression is not that you arent been able to things you wont

its not been able to do thing you love. you love art. but getting a papir and a pen that is too much work.

1 Like

hi i have clinical depression i can help you out if you want

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help :heart: :heart: And if you ever need someone to talk to just know that I’m here even if we don’t know each other. I’ve seen you around and you look like a very nice person :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you :two_hearts: Things have been alright for the most part but I’ll take you up on that offer if I’m not feeling up to things.

1 Like

Np!<3

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help and I’m glad you’re feeling better already :heart:

1 Like

Okay! Thanks for your help​:pleading_face::heart:

1 Like

Glad to hear that! I will always be ready to listen :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That would be amazing! I will pm you any questions I have :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

I would describe it as feeling empty. I felt alone. And I just wanted to sleep, and I didn’t look forward for anything. Like nothing at all. It’s not the same as being sad.

5 Likes

Thanks for your help! :heart: Hope you have gotten better though :sweat_smile::two_hearts:

1 Like

I have! I went to therapy and I’m happier now:)

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that!! If you ever feel down again and don’t know who to talk to, I’m here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Depression varies a bit with everyone and how they would describe it and what symptoms there was etc. , so this is just my opinion.

For me being depressed was like I was tired all the time, I slept for hours. And I was too tired to do anything, but it wasn’t a physical tiredness only emotionally. I was also very empty, and also very unmotivated to do anything. I rarely felt happiness and almost like I had no emotions at times. And at that time I was still in school So socializing with classmates and friends was Hard and very tiring.

I basically spent all my days home alone feeling numb, feeling that nobody cared. And then sometimes it made me feel like I wasn’t enough and made me look at myself with disgust. Then trying to fix that was me skipping meals to make me skinnier.

Also as many other People also have, selfharming thought and suicidal thoughts with that ofter come with depression.

I hope you do a good Job with creating your character as realistic as possible :+1:

You can dm me if you wanna ask something, or just ask here

3 Likes