Help! Description, Cover, and Title Feedback Please!

Hi I’m Rebecca!

Could you guys give me feedback on my story idea, title, and cover?

I was having trouble coming up with a short description for my new story that includes the following information:

CBI agent Rebecca Beverly is put on a homicide case with an FBI agent Alexander Hamilton who seeks revenge for his parents untimely death. The homicide case is one of the many murders the criminal has committed. The murderer is known as ‘The Gardener’ because he leaves a white rose covered in the victim’s blood in the victim’s cold dead hands. All while Alex and Rebecca have soon recognized their love for each other and struggle to find the killer and protect and fight for one another.

Also, after reading the above description, would you agree with my title for the book: Vendetta? I thought that all throughout the book Alex, Rebecca, and the Gardener would be seeking revenge for their friends/family deaths thus why I chose Vendetta as the title. Do you like this title?

And I’m torn between the following two covers of the book.

^more romantic

^^more mysterious/horror

Which one do you like better? How could I improve the covers?

If you also have any feedback on how I can improve my story idea that would be really helpful!

Thank you!

Hello there! I think it’s so cool for you to put yourself and your story idea out there. So far I think the plot is very intriguing. If you want to write a shorter description I would recommend you focus more on the murder, since he is what brings the two main characters together, and less on the background stories of the main character. You don’t want to give it all away in the description :laughing:

I also think that the second cover (the one with the knife and the rose) better represents the story but don’t limit yourself there. If you created those covers I think you have a lot of potential to do more, and create a cover that’s a cross between the two you already have.

Lastly, I think Vendetta isn’t the most unique name but I completely understand your reasoning for it. I’m not good naming stories either but I think something more ominous would be better.

This is all just my advice and my opinion, I understand if you disagree with me. Once again I want to say you are really brave and your story is exciting. Please let us know when you publish the first few chapters! :heart::+1:t5:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words and feedback!

Your welcome, I hope I helped

1 Like

Im pretty sure this is a story on episode already! cause ive read a story with the same plot

Which story?

Do you have any ideas that I could use for my new title?

I would also suggest that the second cover with the rose and the knife suits more than the first one

Description also what my episodemate said was correct… Describe the murder…

And Vendetta is a very good tittle for your story as it represents most of your story… I like it… But you can use Retortion also if you like… Just a suggestion in case you like…

2 Likes

Thank you!

I’m not good coming up with titles but like they said below I think Retortion is unique

3 Likes

Sorry to bother you again, but what do you think of this story description:
After failing for years, the FBI seeks your help in catching the infamous killer: The Gardener. How will you see past the lies and secrets to fight for justice and your love?

I had some trouble fitting everything I wanted to say in just 180 characters.

Sorry to bother you, but what do you think of this story description:
After failing for years, the FBI seeks your help in catching the infamous killer: The Gardener. How will you see past the lies and secrets to fight for justice and your love?

I had some trouble fitting everything I wanted to say in just 180 characters.

Its very difficult to put a whole story in 180 word… But its a good description within 180 words… You can use it…

Hey there @rebecca8890, I’m Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: I’ve moved this thread to Share Feedback since you’re looking for feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I think this is really good, it’s straight to the point and mysterious to

forgot what it was called, but there is a story which is exactly the same…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.