Hey all, so I don’t really know in which section I should post this. I basically said everything in the tittle.
So I’d like to ask some questions to hijabis whether they’re Muslims or Jewish married women and also women’s wearing turban without doing it for a religious matter.
In my story, one of the characters wears an hijab, and well one day she’s assaulted/mugged because of that (hate crime) so her non-Muslim and non-hijabis friends decide to wear an hijab for a couple of days. Since I’m not Muslim, I don’t really know what wearing a hijab outside of your house is, ( As a child I tried wearing several head scarves to see how I would rock a hijab or not). On my dad’s side my family is Jewish but only the married women have to cover themselves/wear head scarves and my character is a teenager/ not married and in my family most of the women do not wear head scarves; and I have many questions to ask because I don’t want to offend the readers or anybody else.
Here are some of the questions I have for women wearing hijabs and for those wearing turbans.
This text will be hidden
- First have you ever been mugged because of your hijab?
- How do you manage to wear hijabs during summer, with the heat and everything [I’m sorry this is a stupid/annoying question] Do you have any hacks?
- How did people reacted when they first saw you with an hijab ?
- What do you think of non Muslim/ non-married Jewish women wearing hijabs even when it’s in support of a Muslim women?
- How many ways are they to wrap an hijab [is this question in English ? Lol]
- Did you receive hostile comments about it?
- Do you consider a turban as an hijab?
- Do people ask you if it’s an hijab?
- How do you handle your turban during summer (if you wear it during summer) / heat and everything? Do you have any hacks?
- Did you receive hostile comment so about it?
- Are they different ways to wrap a turban?