Help! How does this work?

So I’m trying to make a character appear on top of some overlays I’ve put, but I can’t. I have 5 overlays spot directed correctly in zone 3 and then I add a character and the overlays go on top. I’m not sure how to use layers and I can’t find it on the Guides or the Forum, so can someone explain it or what am I doing wrong?

You can put overlays at layers too! I figured this out for the first time a month ago too!
Just put at layer … (whatever layer you need) at the end of your spot directed overlays!
with layers- 0 is closet to the background, so 1 would be under 2 if you did it like that. Lol, sorry if this doesn’t make sense

@HarisPgr here’s my guide about layers :slight_smile:

HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

@overlay 6588909089980416_SCRATCH 1 shifts to 65 290 in zone 3 at layer 0
@overlay 6588909089980416_SCRATCH 1 scales to 1.053 1.053 in zone 3 at layer 0

This is one of my overlays par example
Once I add the layer they dissappear

And this is the warning that’s appearring:

dffgg

1 Like

Maybe try layer 1 instead of 0? 0 might not be a valid layer.

That’s not the command for a layer when you creating one in the stage.

@overlay OVERLAY to layer #

It’s easier to code it if you do this:
@overaly SCRATCH_1 shifts to 65 290 in zone 3 AND overlay SCRATCH_1 scales to 1.053 in zone 3 at layer 1
you can’t have a layer be 0 I don’t think

This won’t because you can’t use the command in zone 3 at layer 1 when you creating the overlay inside the scene.

I’ve used it before and it has worked. Multiple times. But you probably know more than me so :woman_shrugging:

I just checked and it is coming up as an warning.

it only works when you place it with the background:

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY in zone 3 at layer 1

1 Like

I’ve already done this my overlays work right. I think I figured it out with “moving” to layers as an extra command. I just wish it will be all covered by the transition…

Do you have a picture right from the start of the scene?

I figured it out thank you very much :heart:

1 Like