Help! How to create repeating choices

I need helping making choices, my character has to pick the right door but if she picks the wrong one she needs to see the options again( so basically repeating them) how do I do this??!!!

1 Like

You can do this with labels. For example:
NARRATOR
Which door do you want to go through?
choice
label picking_door
“Left Door” {
CHAR (think)
I think I’ll pick the left door.
Text

More code

NARR
Sorry, that’s the wrong door. Try again.
goto label picking_door
} “Right Door” {
CHAR (think)
I think I’ll be the right door.
Text

More code

}
Carry on with script

Okay, I don’t know if this is 100%. You’ll have to alter it to your story, but I think it’s right
 If it’s not sorry, but I hope this helps :blush: somebody probably has a template waaay better than this, but this is just off the top of my head :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’ll try it

1 Like

It says unexpected label?

Well, it doesn’t have to be names that specifically. I’m not entirely sure what to do, but could you send me your script, please? :blush:

Wait, you could possibly try taking out the word ‘label’ in ‘goto label picking_door’ and see if that makes a difference :thinking:

Take the ‘NARRATOR’ out of line 118 and put the label aboe CLARA’s speech.

Omg thank you so much, it worked!!

No problem :smile: if you need anymore help, feel free to ask

So I’m new at this whole writing thing and I was wondering when you let the reader customize the character, and they don’t like the character, (like lets say they messed up on the character), how do you let that choice “repeat” or “loop” so that way it would seem like more professional.

If you don’t know what I mean its when authors insert into their scripts-

NARRATOR
So what is you name?
That’s an amazing name [NAME]!
Are you sure that this is your name?

choice {No! I messed up!}
{Yep I spelt it all right! Thanks!}

Anyway lets say they clicked on the mess up choice. How would you make them repeat the choice?

Actually nevermind! you would just label the customization at first then put a choice and then if they click they messed up, you would put in your script “goto _______” and _______ is whatever you labeled the customization! haha okay well yep!

how do you label the customization?

Alright, for example, here’s some code:

label jb_custimization
@JB walks to screen center AND JB is think_rubchin

Then all of the custimization stuff . . .

NARRATOR (JB)
Are you sure you look good?
choice “Yes, thank you! {
@JB is blow_kiss
}
“NO! TAKE ME BACK!” {
@goto label jb_custimization
}

Hope this helps!!

thanks

hi! I need some help with repeating choices as well. I want to do something where the character is looking for something and is given 3 rooms. if she clicks the right room, the choices will end and the rest of the episode will continue but if she clicks one of the wrong rooms, then it’ll say something like “oops! not in this room. maybe check the___” then the same three choices will appear again until the right room is chosen. so basically like an infinite repeating loop? I saw it once in a story but I’m not sure if it’s still possible. hopefully you can help - thank you! :slight_smile: