HELP:i need a script template

I need a template for handing over an overlay to another person and them setting it down

overlay

name of overlay: DYLAN FOOD

just use the names boy and girl and ill change them
the girl will hand it over to the boy and he will set it down on the counter

the background

name :INT. KITCHEN - DAY

I would use advance directing
so you wouldn’t have to remove it

I have this template if you like, I quickly put it together (in limelight), feel free to edit it or make any changes :blush:

The code

INT. KITCHEN - DAY with DYLAN FOOD to 0.283 -90 216 in zone 1 at layer 4

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&GIRL spot 0.801 -90 193 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND GIRL faces right
&BOY spot 0.835 143 199 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND BOY faces left AND BOY is yawn_bored

&pause for 0.8 then overlay DYLAN FOOD shifts to 20 216 in zone 1 in 2

@pause for 0.6 then GIRL walks to spot 0.801 48 193 in zone 1 in 2 AND GIRL does it while walk_box_neutral_loop then GIRL starts idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

@pause for 0.7

&speechbubble is 137 271 to 74% with tail_top_left

GIRL (talk_box_carry_neutral)
What a day, here take the groceries from me, fool.

&speechbubble reset

&overlay DYLAN FOOD shifts to 46 229 in zone 1 in 1
@GIRL is give_bouquet_happy AND BOY is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

&overlay DYLAN FOOD to layer 1
&overlay DYLAN FOOD shifts to 137 222 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay DYLAN FOOD scales to 0.247 0.247 in zone 1 in 0

&GIRL is idle_shiftweight_neutral_loop AND BOY spot 0.835 199 197 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND BOY faces left AND BOY starts holdwaist_give_idle_rear

@pause for 0.3 then BOY spot 0.835 132 186 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND BOY faces left AND BOY is tinker_stand_neutral_loop_rear

@pause for 5

I used the same overlay (found it on that website), I’d upload it again on the forums here but it keeps converting from PNG to JPEG, with a white background :joy: It’s 840 x 827 dimensions, size- 411 KB

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.