[HELP] I need feedback ASAP

Hey, so I published my episode story a few months ago with 5 episodes but there are no reads. I don’t want to sound desperate but I put so much work into this story and I have no more motivation to write. There are now seven episodes and I’m currently writing the 8th. I pushed myself to write when I did have the motivation just so I could at least get 1 read, but I still have none.

If you do want to check it out, the link is here.

Also, if you do click the link and there’s a problem with reading the story, please let me know so that I can fix it. Thank you!

2 Likes

I read your story. Now check your count :smile:

It happens to most of the people. Don’t get disheartened. Only way to make people read is promotion, either in Instagram or forum.
I would suggest you to do read for read. That’s one way others will read your story. But beware, ghosting happens a lot in r4r :slightly_smiling_face:.

Omg, thank you so much! I thought an error occurred in my story :sweat_smile: Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

funny enough people dont just fall over stories, you have to advertise them to get anyone to read. please don’t complain over reads when you have done nothing to get any. Its honestly a bad way to start out
you just made your profile here, so you haven’t advertised it here, have you done it on Instagram?. if you haven’t advatise your story, of course you dont get any reads no one knows it exists.

to advertise dosent mean just to throw up a link and say please read my story. you need to tell what is about, why should people go and read it. what is the genre. its title, show the cover picture.

3 Likes

• Firstly, gorgeous use of overlays (for the warning splash - maybe to improve the aesthetic add in a text overlay of the “Warning! This story may contain mature themes and strong language”.
  • The intro was lovely and great artwork too - so far, the grammar and spelling is nicely done so no complaints in that department
  • The dialogue flows nicely too and I like the fact your title is a play on words
  • I think when characters walk in on episode two I noticed there was a brief layering problem (fixable)
  • Your story is good! So, it’s not an issue of quality here!

Advice:

I relate to the struggling to get reads but I’ve become somebody who doesn’t care about it as much now but this is what I would recommend to help improve exposure of your story:

• Read for reads, this is something that doesn’t always guarantee long-term readers but it can help boost your read count & you can end up finding some lovely stories (I’ve made some good friends because of read for reads). Warning though - ghosting is a thing (when somebody doesn’t read your story - I’ve had it happen to me recently and it isn’t a nice feeling but it says more about the person ghosting than it does about your story).
  • Reviews - a great form of helping you improve as a writer and helping improve exposure to your story if it is something the reviewer enjoys. Personally, I’ve had good experiences with reviewers and some reviewers in turn become loyal readers
  • Make an instagram for your episode (I’ve noticed you have done this so I’ll follow you - I’m @days.episode on Insta) - this can help improve widen your audience and help improve how active you are in the community
  • Make sure to post your story details in the forums in Promote Your Story sections

Wishing you lots of luck - your story is lovely and I’m sure with some promoting you can hopefully bump the reads. It can be quite crappy but tons of authors are in the same boat (me included - I get those days with little traction) :heart:

1 Like

Hello @Adeya, I’m Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley: I’ve moved this thread to Share Feedback since you’re looking for story feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart:

Thanks!!

That’s true, thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.