Help making characters sit in certain backgrounds?

How do I make two characters sit on the couch in INT. LA APARTMENT - NIGHT

and also in INT. MOD APARTMENT - NIGHT

You need an overlay for the first background otherwise it will look weird, because the character will overlap on the coffee table, but you can also place the character on the chair in zone 2 and switch the zones while they talk

INT. LA APARTMENT - NIGHT
@CHARACTER spot 0.770 217 232 AND CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER is sit
@cut to zone 2
@CHARACTER1 spot 0.770 278 213 in zone 2 AND CHARACTER1 faces left AND CHARACTER1 is sit

INT. MOD APARTMENT - NIGHT
@cut to zone 2
@CHARACTER spot 0.681 56 231 AND CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER is sit
@CHARACTER1 spot 0.733 184 168 AND CHARACTER1 faces left AND CHARACTER1 is sit

for the LA apartment how would i make them both sitting on the couch?

and for the second one how do i move the guys up more? right now the text bubble is over the one guys face and the other isnt really on the couchfix

You can’t really place them together on the couch because:

And I just updated spots.
Speech bubbles tend to move when characters are smaller or in different places, also when you use a zoom. You’ll have to Spot direct them, here’s how:

That looks so complicated! Lol idk how you do this stuff! Lol

You will get hang of it :slight_smile:

Hi, how do I get characters to sit in this background??

INT. GEORGIA CHURCH - DAY

Can they sit in the chairs or what should I do?

Hi there! It’s been a very long time since the last reply but is there anyway you could help me place a character on the couch on the background INT. FANCY LIVING ROOM - NIGHT? I’m working on mobile lol :confused:

When working on mobile you have to swap between the episode app and the interactive website if u would like I could talk you through step by step for how to do it so u know for the future

Oooh yes please?

1 Like

Oki let me make a private thread and then I can explain how to use the spot directing