Help me choose my cover

I’m making my first ever story, even though I don’t think it will be published (not anytime soon at least :sweat_smile: ) I wanted to make a cover. I spent a lot of time making them but now I can’t decide! Part of it is probably because I haven’t truly decided the genre of my story yet… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Which one would you choose and why? what do you think?:pray::heart:
Thanks in advance!
xoxo

2 Likes

I prefer the first one as the second one messes with my vision

3 Likes

I choose the first one, it has a bit more depth into it, and also the second kind of hurts my vision :eyes:

2 Likes

I’d go for the first cover. As already commented before, the prolonged gaze on the second version hurts the eyes. Although it could be a good short animation entry effect for each episodes.

2 Likes

First one

2 Likes

Both are great but I like the first one because the second has too much glitch effect. :blush:

2 Likes

If I had to chose 1, I’d say the first.

Otherwise, I think it would look great if you merged them.

• The characters and text of the first one
  • The background (Clouds and Lightening) of the second one.
3 Likes

nr.2 if it 's like an action genre it would defenitly be nr.2

1 Like

omg both of these are soo good! what’d you use to make them?

3 Likes

First one. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I was writing a story called amnesia too :joy: in INK tho :sweat_smile:

The second cover is really cool

1 Like

Thanks :smile: I’ve never made a cover before and I’m a goof at editing :joy: so if I could I’m sure you can too! I just used Joseph Evans cover tutorial (tweaked it a bit) and then I sent the picture to my phone were I installed an app called photofox that added the final filters.
I’m surprised that they even turned out half-decent :joy::heart:

lmao we did the same thing! i’m terrible at editing tooooo! but yours turned out really well! :grin:
also, what’s your story going to be about?

Thanks a lot :smiley::pray:
Its about a girl who wakes up in the street without any memories. She is found by the police department where she learns that her mother was murdered the night before. She is then picked up by her aunt where she learns that she ran away two weeks ago for unknown reasons and her mother died looking for her. Now she needs to uncover her memories to find her mothers murderer while also finding out who she was and who she wants to be.:smile: I’m not very far yet… so the plot isn’t that complex, but I hope it will be :blush: It’s my first story, so creating depth and stuff like that is hard. (And being new to writers portal doesn’t exactly help :joy:)
I was going to share the first chapter for some feedback, but I had already reached my topic limit for the day sigh
Can I see your cover? I’m sure its great! :smiley:

1 Like

How funny! I love it as a story name, its so… “Powerful” and simple, do you know what I mean? :grin:
Personally I chose it because I’m suffering from amnesia myself :sweat_smile:
Would love to read your take on the story one day if you publish it :yum: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

woa! that sounds so interesting! there is so much depth to that! i’m not kidding. that sounds like one of the most interesting and compelling stories so that could be on the platform by far! and if you’re not done, then that’s crazy because your story has SO MUCH potential, and I can only imagine how far you can go with that! please do let me know when it’s out i’d love to read it! :grin:

also, this is my cover :joy:

1 Like

Omg thank you sooo much! You have no idea how much that means! :heart::pray:
Honestly never really intended to publish it, I’ve always been my own worst critic and I don’t think it will ever get to a point where I’m happy with it, especially because its my first story so I don’t have a lot of skills as an author :sweat_smile:
But thanks! I’ll definitely try and make it worth publishing :grin:
Your cover is sooo nice! :heart_eyes: Your story looks very interesting, is it published yet? :smiley:

1 Like

noooo please publish it! it’ll be great i’m sure! and if you ever need someone to review it for you and let you know how you’re doing or what you could change just let me know! i’d be happy to help! :two_hearts:
also, yea my story is published! here’s the link if you want to check it out, but you totally do not have to! :grin:

also, right now it’s a different cover in the app because the one i sent to you is still pending review :joy:

1 Like

I’ll definitely check it out! thanks! :grinning::pray:
I’ll try… I’m just having a hard time expressing the amnesia in the right way :grimacing:
Its very personal to me since I suffer from amnesia myself (luckily not as severe as my MC haha :joy:) This is gonna sound cheesy… But I watched finding Dory and kept thinking “Thats not what it feels like…” I know its a childrens movie and Dory is a happy and silly fish, but I couldn’t get over how “easy” it was for he to have amnesia. Her biggest problem was the things she forgot, not the FEELING of forgetting and always knowing that she has forgotten something… Also the way she reacts to her flashbacks, she gets so excited when in reality having a flashback like that is crushing. (You suddenly see something you did/said without having any memory of it what so ever… its a horrible and terrifying feeling) My amnesia is fairly severe… I’m 22 and I can’t remember the past 5 years of my life (only a few memories that I have regained through flashbacks or that I have been told)
My childhood memories have also been affected and my short term memory is completely broken… Like I might not remember this conversation tomorrow… or next week, its hard to say. I don’t decide what I remember :sweat_smile:
aaaand this is a huge obstacle when it comes to writing a story… Not just because I’m having a hard time remembering my plot or where I left off, but because I forget the writers portal commands :grimacing: :sweat_smile: :joy:
The most important thing to me regarding this story (and also the reason started writing it) is trying to portray the feelings related to amnesia, but it’s harder than I thought :flushed: So far my MC just seems like she is feeling sorry for herself :joy:
But don’t worry, I’ll try not to forget this, and the convo is in my trustworthy “remember this” notebook :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey! but I always look at the bright side! I get to watch all of my favorite shows/movies over and over! :joy::joy::joy:
I honestly have a list over movies and shows I like where I make a line every time I watch it … sometimes I look at it and like: oooh TWD, that sounds exciting, lets watch it! even though I’ve watched it 5 times :joy: but I can only do that when my short term memory is in a good period, otherwise I can’t remember from episode to episode :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Oh my, I really went on a rant there, I’m sorry :grimacing: I guess this story just brought all of my amnesia related feelings to the surface :sweat_smile:
I’m new to episode, so is there any way I can “follow” you or something? :smile:

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob: i’m crying that was so emotional. you seem so happy and collected. if that were me there’s no way i’d be able to handle myself. but you really are a legend! :star_struck: and i don’t know you, but i’m genuinely so proud of you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
but to get back on topic, so that we don’t get flagged for being off topic :joy: i think you should totally pursue your story! and i love your cover! both are great, and so are you! :two_hearts:
also, thank you for checking out my story! it means a lot! :grin:

1 Like