Help me figure out this problem please!

INT. BAR - DAY with BAR at layer 2
@overlay 6493440787349504_BAR shifts to -28 -19
@overlay 6493440787349504_BAR scales to 2.782 2.782
@BARTENDER stands screen center AND BARTENDER is tinker_loop_rear AND BARTENDER moves to layer 1
@CAESER enters from left to upscreen left AND CAESER moves to layer 4
@CAESER is talk_rear
@BARTENDER is think
@pause for a beat
@BARTENDER is nod_loop
@pause for 0.50
@BARTENDER is tinker_loop_rear
@pause for a beat
@BARTENDER is talk_handsonhips

&add Red Cup to CAESER
@CAESER is drink
@CAESER is drink
@CAESER is drink
@CAESER is drink

So after caeser walks upscreen right the overlay comes on top of caeser if you know what I mean!
I just cant figure out what the problem is!
Thanks in advance!

I don’t know how to explain it but in the positions (up)screen center/right/left the layer doesn’t apply… Only when spotting… So either way try spotting (Example: spot 1.200 0 0 in zone # at layer #) or before the command @caesar stands # add the @caesar moves to layer #…
I hope that I helped you :pray::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I already did this exact thing! But thanks anyway! You will be able to help others who stumble upon this post!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe @J.Miley will help you… She’s amazing in coding and I’ve seen she helps a lot here in this category…

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!!

1 Like

The only way to prevent characters from changing layers when walking is the use spot directing. When you walk to screen x, they will change always change layers. It is an annoying glitch and why many writers transition to pure spot directing. I have a post on Instagram that covers the basics of spot directing.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This will help me in future!!

SpotDirecting3 SpotDirecting4 SpotDirecting5

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Closed: Marked as solved by op @Mellisa2731 :v: