Help me with animations pls!

Okay, I know there probably isn’t. But is there a way to make a character perform an animation for a certain amount of time? Like for the talk_think_neutral animation, if we use that one as an example, is there a way to make the character to perform it for less than the default time it takes? I just want to know because it could be a useful feature, but I haven’t come across anything like it yet.

Yes! Like this:

&CHARACTER is talk_think_neutral
@pause for 0.5
@CHARACTER is [other animation]

or with any amount of seconds you want.

1 Like

I tried that, and it made the character do the animation for the set amount of time and added the pause rather than making them just do the animation for 0.5 seconds?

It’s important that you use & instead of @

You can also do:

&CHAR starts talk_think_neutral then pause for 0.5 then CHAR starts other_animation

CHAR
Blah blah

Making sure there is no set animation next to the CHAR name.

Or if it’s not for dialogue then you can use that or use @ instead of & if you want it to happen before something. But if you want it during/at the same time as something then use &. You can adjust the 0.5 for however long or short you want the first animation to play out.

2 Likes

The starts part of an action is actually the most important part in order to have a character perform an action for a specific amount of time. What starts basically tells the program is to start the next line of code immediately after initiating the one including the “starts” line. Whether or not you use & or @ will not change much anything because the program will automatically move on before the animation completely plays through.

@.CHARACTER starts action THEN pause for specificTime THEN CHARACTER starts newAction

CHARACTER
Dialogue.

OR

&CHARACTER starts action THEN pause for specificTime THEN CHARACTER starts newAction

CHARACTER
Dialogue.

will result in almost same thing, and

@.CHARACTER starts action
@.pause for specificTime
@.CHARACTER is newAction

OR

&CHARACTER starts action
@.pause for specificTime
@.CHARACTER is newAction

will also react in the same way.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.