Help me with Sketch Practice (Free sketches)

Hi all, I’d like to practice sketching/drawing, but I need motivation and accountability. So, if you’d like a free sketch, give me a reference and your character. I’ll only do one character per sketch for now.

I’d prefer reference pictures from Unsplash since they’re higher quality and free to use. I may reject your idea without saying why, so just send another one if so. If anyone ends up wanting a finished piece from the sketch, let me know and I’ll give details.

I may randomly color your sketch if I get struck by inspiration.

4 Likes

Hii @Faintest I have nothing for you to draw but I 100% support you but I still want to help you in drawing
So just draw this drawing in your own style :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blob_hearts:

And if you don’t wanna do it It’s ok :sparkling_heart:
PS not mine by the way

1 Like

Aw, thank you. Challenge accepted!

1 Like

I’m also gonna draw it so let’s see which one is the best :laughing:

1 Like

You’re on, let’s do it. lol :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @Faintest if you wanna use this pose to practice with I would love to see how it turns out with or without color .

1 Like

Cool pose! I’ll give it a shot. Thank you!

1 Like

@Briana17 Okay, I’ve finished my sketch. It was very relaxing to try this. Haven’t really done dtiys much before, it was educational lol. Thanks. Honestly. :blush:

Can’t wait for yours. Let me know when you’re done and we can post them at the same time, what do you think?

1 Like

Okay I would love to see the results!

1 Like

Okay, all done. It’s a little messy, but here we go!

6 Likes

Looks good !

2 Likes

Thanks! It was fun to draw! I may try coloring it later. :blush:

1 Like

Also, if anyone is nice enough to help me out with more practice sketch references, please use one from a free image website just so I don’t accidentally get in trouble. Of course, I’m not tracing, but one has to be very careful out here lol . That said, I really loved drawing these last two!

I’m making sure to put my own spin on everything just to be careful, but my art study has included learning how to first study and replicate a reference closely which is pretty standard. So, yeah random disclaimer lol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: In any case, this is practice, so it actually shouldn’t matter anyway, but I just like to be careful.

I also am keeping time lapses, too. Cool. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All right, here’s the next one I’ll try. It seems today’s theme is over the shoulder :blush:

1 Like

Not sure if I can request or not but if you wanna draw it should be something different .
( got it from pixabay )

https://pixabay.com/photos/photographer-tourist-snapshot-407068/

1 Like

No worries, that reference is perfect. I’ll give it a try next. Thank you! Also, you can definitely request something you’d like to use for yourself, too. I can make it less messy if so :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok , would it be line art or could it be colored in ?

1 Like

Let’s say line art for now and I may color it in simply depending on how it goes/how I feel lol. When I say feel like it I mean feel up to it since I’m kinda doing this to de-stress and force myself to practice since I’m not 100% today lol. But this has helped a lot, so thanks guys!

1 Like

Okay, here’s this one. I tried to stylize a bit, since I’m really bad at doing that so it’s a little touch and go. But here we are.

7 Likes

Heya! Not sure if you are taking requests but here’s a pose for you to try would love to see how it would turn out! Thank you love! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes