HELP! Moving Characters to Spot Fast

Hi! I could really use help to get my 2 characters in a certain spot while doing a kissing scene without breaking animation :weary: because that is exactly what they’re doing, breaking animation. I know how to spot direct but how to move them there quickly keeping the kissing animation? Somebody suggested 0.2 or 0.5 or 0.8 but I’ve tried all that, still breaks animation. Thanks a lot, been trying to figure this out for a while.

can you post your script (coding) what you have now? I will make it work for you.

1 Like

When you’re moving the characters whilst they’re doing an animation, you should code it like this: :point_down:t3: to avoid breaking the kiss.

&CHARACTER1 walks to spot xxxx xxx xxx in zone 1 in 0.2 AND CHARACTER1 does it while kiss_passionate_loop THEN CHARACTER1 is kiss_passionate_loop

&CHARACTER2 walks to spot xxxx xxx xxx in zone 1 in 0.2 AND CHARACTER2 does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear THEN CHARACTER2 is kiss_passionate_loop_rear

^ Obviously change the character names, zone and spot directing to suit your script.

1 Like

Hi and thank you for responding. This what I have so far. Thank you so so much for your help! :weary: :pray: :heartpulse:

@ELIJAH walks to spot 1.334 145 59 in zone 2 in 0.5 and ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left and MERCY walks to spot 1.091 216 150 in zone 2 in 0.5 and MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop and MERCY faces left and ELIJAH starts kiss_passionate_pose_rear and MERCY starts kiss_passionate_loop

@pause for 1

@ELIJAH spot 1.334 145 59 in zone 2 and ELIJAH starts kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left and MERCY spot 1.091 216 150 in zone 2 and MERCY starts kiss_passionate_loop and MERCY faces left

Okay thank you so much! I will try this. :weary: :pray: :heartpulse:

&ELIJAH walks to spot 1.334 145 59 in zone 2 in 0.5 and ELIJAH does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left then ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left
&MERCY walks to spot 1.091 216 150 in zone 2 in 0.5 and MERCY does it while kiss_passionate_loop and MERCY faces left then MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop and MERCY faces left
@pause for 1

or pause for how long you want :3 @Helena7

I’ve done the same in one of my stories, so I know it works! :blush:
I hope you can figure out what I meant.

It works but now he’s turning around quickly facing the other way then turns back around to kiss her.

@ELIJAH spot 1.334 79 48 in zone 2 and ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left and MERCY spot 1.091 152 138 in zone 2 and MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop

@zoom on 448 513 to 274% in 0
@zoom on 448 513 to 253% in 2
@zoom on 448 513 to 202% in 2

@pause for a beat

@zoom on 415 537 to 164% in 0

&ELIJAH walks to spot 1.424 95 5 in zone 2 in 0.2 and ELIJAH does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear then ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left

&MERCY walks to spot 1.200 170 93 in zone 2 in 0.2 AND MERCY does it while kiss_passionate_loop then MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop and MERCY faces left

@pause for 1

Thank you so much it worked! Until after I tried to spot direct them again, now he’s turning around quicky facing the other way then turns back around kissing her.

@ELIJAH spot 1.334 79 48 in zone 2 and ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left and MERCY spot 1.091 152 138 in zone 2 and MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop

@zoom on 448 513 to 274% in 0
@zoom on 448 513 to 253% in 2

@pause for a beat

@zoom on 415 537 to 164% in 0

&ELIJAH walks to spot 1.424 95 5 in zone 2 in 0.2 and ELIJAH does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear then ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear and ELIJAH faces left

&MERCY walks to spot 1.200 170 93 in zone 2 in 0.2 AND MERCY does it while kiss_passionate_loop then MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop and MERCY faces left

@pause for 1

What background are you using?! And what is the initial zoom?!

I’m using INT. VENICE KITCHEN - NIGHT background, in zone 2. And he pulls her over to him kissing her, then he turns left then turns back right again, kissing her and she turns facing right then turns back left again kissing him.

So, I corrected the script that you were given… but because of the spot directing you gave, they don’t move very far. Therefore they don’t move very fast.

The correct script, which ensures the characters kiss doesn’t break… and also ensures Elijah remains facing the correct direction, is: :point_down:t3:

@ELIJAH spot 1.334 79 48 in zone 2 at layer 2
@MERCY spot 1.091 152 152 in zone 2 at layer 1

@cut to zone 2
@zoom on 448 513 to 253% in 0
&ELIJAH faces left AND ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear
&MERCY faces left AND MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop
@pause for 1
&zoom on 415 537 to 164% in 0.2 using easebounceout
&ELIJAH walks to spot 1.424 95 5 in zone 2 in 0.2 and ELIJAH does it while kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND ELIJAH faces left THEN ELIJAH faces left AND ELIJAH is kiss_passionate_loop_rear

&MERCY walks to spot 1.200 170 93 in zone 2 in 0.2 AND MERCY does it while kiss_passionate_loop AND MERCY faces left THEN MERCY faces left AND MERCY is kiss_passionate_loop

@pause for 1

1 Like

I will try it thanks again so much. :pray: :heartpulse:

:smile: :smile: This worked perfectly thank you so much!! And you gave me the code for them to sorta bounce as he pushed them to the stove. You’re awesome ma’am, may I please give you a shout-out on IG? I even let people know I needed help by posting a video of it but no one could help, but here you are! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If you don’t want a shout-out no worries but thank you thank you thank you!! It looks so cool, and I’m gonna post the finished result on IG. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :pray: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

1 Like

Aww, you’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m always happy to help out whenever I can.
And that’s very sweet, but you don’t need to give me a shout out… I’m just glad I was able to fix it for you. :blush:

1 Like

Are you sure!!? Cause my next question was gonna be how do you make them bounce and you just gave that to me, girl you’re a genius! :weary: :heartpulse:

1 Like

No problem I won’t mention you, thank you so so much :pray: God :latin_cross: bless you :heartpulse:

1 Like

There are multiple ways to create the bouncing illusion… but using the easebounceout function [attached to the zoom], is by far the smoothest looking way to do it. :blush:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

:pray: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :pray: