Help my character walk with follow

Hey, so if anyone can help me out here, it would be appreciated. I want my character to walk up to a spot from the bottom of the screen while they are using a rear walking animation. I also want the screen to be following them while they do that. Do you know how to do that?

1 Like

@follow CHAR to spot

Hi, I have an example here: HOW TO: Rear Animations The character is walking rear while the camera/zoom is following her. So you do & for the first command and @ for the other so they happen at the same time.

1 Like

Use

&zoom on (numbers) in seconds
@character walks to spot numbers in seconds

1 Like

You want to have the same amount of time and using “&” will have the zoom happen at the same time.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll try that. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Oh I forgot to mention you should do this for rear

@CHARACTER walks to spot x y z in seconds and CHARACTER does it while walk_neutral_rear and CHARACTER faces left/right

1 Like

Will do. Thx! <3

1 Like

Do you know how to zoom from one point to another (like from point a to point b)? I know how to pan, but that’s not what I mean.

1 Like

Do you mean to a character?

No. I mean from one point on the screen to another. It’s not the same as panning, right? I’ve seen people do this in stories, I think, when they zoom from the bottom of a character up to the top of a character kind of. Maybe that’s different…

1 Like

You’ll go to the show helpers and and the camera and choose the focus tool and drag it to where you want the zoom to go and it’ll be like

@zoom on 105 555 to 199% in 4
(This is just an example the numbers will be different)

If you want it to be slower you can use 5 and up seconds, and if you want it to happen instantly you’ll use 0

1 Like

Can you do that?!? Bc if you can I’ve been taking the hard way all this time :sob:

3 Likes

I think I figured it out. Sorry that was probably confusing! :joy:

1 Like

Yah you can for at least most instances I think. I’ve done it before. :slightly_smiling_face: :hearts:

1 Like

I’ve been making the walk to a spot then allaying the camera go to a spot in the same amount of time and IT WAS THAT EASY?!?

2 Likes

The follow command only works with positions and doesn’t work with spot direction.

1 Like

Ohh that would make sense why it only works for me sometimes. Thx!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.