Help, my scaling isn't working :(

Okay, I’m having a really big issue with my script right now. Been staring at it for ages and still can’t figure out where I’ve gone wrong. I’ve got a scene where I need to scale a character, but no matter what size I put in the code, the character remains a different size. I’ll add my script, and show what I mean. I set the scale to spot 1.384 239 -14 in zone 1 but when I click preview, he automatically scales to spot 1.453 239 -14 in zone 1.

INT. EURO HOTEL ROOM FLIPPED - NIGHT

@zoom reset
@VALENTINA spot 1.334 -170 10 in zone 1
@MARTIN spot 1.384 239 -14 in zone 1
@MARTIN starts text_phone_neutral_loop
@MARTIN changes into MARTIN-PAJAMA

@VALENTINA walks to spot 1.334 114 10 in zone 1 AND VALENTINA does it while run_super_speed_loop THEN VALENTINA is idle_bounce_happy_loop

I really don’t know why he won’t scale down. Really puzzled with this.

It’s most definitely a glitch. It started a few months ago, then it got fixed, and now it seems to be happening again…

You should preview the chapter on the app to see if the character’s scale is correct there.

Alright, I’ll give it a go. Thank you, I wasn’t aware of this glitch :slight_smile:

I coded it my way, like: :point_down:t3: And there’s no glitch for me. The main error is that the female is too high up, so she looks weirdly tall. [See attached screenshots]

INT. EURO HOTEL ROOM FLIPPED - NIGHT
@FEMALE spot 1.334 -170 10 in zone 1
@MALE spot 1.384 239 -14 in zone 1
@cut to zone 1
@zoom reset
&MALE faces left AND MALE is text_phone_neutral_loop
&FEMALE walks to spot 1.334 114 10 in zone 1 AND FEMALE does it while run_super_speed_loop THEN FEMALE is idle_bounce_happy_loop

[^ You can use that code, but change the names: “FEMALE” to VALENTINA and “MALE” to MARTIN, because I simply used some of my own background characters for this test.]

[You’ll need to click the images to view them in full.]

You could do with layering the characters, too. Because I’m pretty sure the female should be in front of the male.

So their spots would actually be:
@FEMALE spot 1.334 -170 10 in zone 1 at layer 2
@MALE spot 1.384 239 -14 in zone 1 at layer 1

[But the female still needs scaling down a bit, unless she’s supposed to be that tall.]

Ah, thank you so much! And yes, she is meant to be that tall :joy:

1 Like