HELP my script says Error, you can have one character immediately following another

EPISODE24

1 Like

can you send me a better screenshot so I can see the full thing because sometimes the error is somewhere else and not where it says it is

1 Like

I have had this issue before, if i remember correctly it is because of the Mason lines don’t have a space in between. It may be picky about that since it is the same person speaking. Try putting a new and blank line between lines 126 and 127. If that doesn’t work there are a few other things you could try.

1 Like

I think the problem is that you have written the lines in capital letters. So the editor mistakes the line for a name.

2 Likes

Yup it always appens to me too

1 Like

If you want it to stop, you can either put punctuation after the all caps or replace it with lowercase letters.

3 Likes

Thank you it worked

1 Like

Hello! I have the same issue and I don’t know what to do.
It looks like this:

ALEX (talk_sad)
This story is about my mental health story. I tried I really did and I'm really sorry.

DOVE (idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop)

NARRATOR
To be continued...

the error is DOVE (idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop)

1 Like

Try:

@DOVE is idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop

You can only write “DOVE (idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop)” when you want a character to speak. If the character isn’t speaking, you need to use either @ or &.

ALSO: just a tip! I would recommend PMing someone who previously helped out in the thread and asking for help OR creating your own thread. Posting replies like that may get you flagged for being off topic ◡̈

It worked, thank you so much!!