Help my with my volleyball minigame

I don’t know much about volleyball but I wanted to do a volleyball mini game. I need some help refining this mini-game. I anyone knows anything about volleyball an you help me with wording or making the choices and outcomes make more sense? please try and be nice, I don’t like asking for help so directly and I’m just now learning about volleyball. I’m not trying to make it super ultra realistic or anything but I want it to feel somewhat similar to volleyball. I know some are obviously wrong but I don’t want the mini game to be harder then it needs to be so there are some joking answers. The Julien character is a vampire that’s what the whole speed thing is about. It’s 2 on 2 and here’s the script:

NARR
The volleyball heading to the back and fast! What does she do?

choice [timed:center:10:Call out to Neo]
“Run to the back and bump the ball” {
NARR
Julien was running to bump but got conscious of her speed and missed.
1 point to the other side
} “Call out to Neo” {
NARR
Julien calls out to Neo to get the ball and she does. The bump was a bit sloppy and after a bit of back and forth, they score!
1 point!
@COACH +1
} “Let it get out” {
NARR
Julien hoped it would land outside (out of bounds) but it didn’t and so
1 point to the other side.
}
NARR
Round Two: Neo

&overlay VOLLEYBALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 10 loop INFINITE times
NARR
The volleyball heading to Neo! What does she do?
choice [timed:center:10:Julien will get it]
“Bump the ball” {
NARR
Neo successfully bumped the ball and Julien got it and set it to the other side.
1 point!
@COACH +1
} “Run from the ball” {
NARR
That’s going to mess up her reputation, yikes!
} “Julien will get it” {
NARR
Julien did not get it, she expected something from Neo :expressionless:
}
NARR
Round Three: Julien

&overlay VOLLEYBALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 10 loop INFINITE times
NARR
The volleyball heading to Julien directly! What does she do?
choice [timed:center:10:Bump it]
“Bump it” {
NARR
Julien successfully bumped the ball and got it to the other side but Shelby & Michi were ready (like they should be) and responded strongly.
} “Duck lol” {
NARR
Why did you pick that one?
} “Pass to Neo” {
NARR
Julien passed to Neo and hit it back in a way that was hard to respond to so…
1 point!
@COACH +1
}

I’m assuming you wanted Julien to strike (score) with that one hit, but if Julien was just trying to set the ball up for another hit to strike, then I’d change “hit” to “set” or if Julien was just trying to prevent the ball from hitting the floor with not really any other intention, I’d have it as “bump.”

You could have “Hit it” as “attempt a strike/kill” if you wanted.

If Julien deliberately set the ball for Neo to strike, then you could change “pass” and “passed” to “Set the ball for Neo.”

Btw I’m not into volleyball or any sports really, so all of that is just what I gathered from research. :joy:
Intention is super important for naming the moves alongside communication.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m operating with sixth grade knowledge currently :joy:

1 Like

Looking better already, tysm

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.