Help Needed please!

hello, i need Help on a few things to work on script to my story, i just started yesterday reading for hours the Guides and i think i’m about to lose my mind lol

1- how i turn my characters back to the screen? ( maybe i pass by it and didn’t see how to do it)

2- how zoom in starting on the shoes to the head?

3- i don’t understand the overlays tho how to use them in the script.

4- the spot directing numbers are killing my nerves it’s always messed up :frowning:

I know im very bad at coding but i will not give up to bring my story to life even if takes me months of code reading lol

I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

Aw babygirl! We’re here to help :blue_heart:

Ima break everything down for you, okay

2 Likes
  1. There are behaviors that face your CHAR away from the screen. All of them have the word rear in them.

For example:
@CHAR is idle_rear

So just look for the rear behaviors on the list. If you can’t find a specific one, come back here and ask.

1. In order to zoom from head to toe, you have to play around on the Directing section of the app (if you don’t know what that is, I can explain it further) and figure out what works for your CHAR and scene. Because everyone has different placement of their CHAR, there is no specific code to pass around.

1. Layers. Think of layers on a cake. One goes ontop of the other. So CHARs are the same.

Example:
@CHAR1 stands screen center in zone 1
@CHAR2 stands screen right in zone 1
@CHAR1 moves to layer 2
@CHAR2 moves to layer 1

So now if CHAR1 decides to walk past CHAR2, CHAR1 will be in front of CHAR2

The lower number will always be underneath the higher number.

1. I actually recently made a guide for this:

Hope it helps. If not, I’m here to explain it further.

I love your attitude! I use to have many questions! But in time you will get the hang of this and probably be helping others in the future.

2 Likes

Thank thank you so much, so much clear now i know maybe the questions i asked are very simple and kinda noobies :confused:
I’m going to try now and i will get back here if i need more help ( that i probably will )

Just one more thing or two … so in the app i can move the charters to the place i want like the zoom part i see stories that the zoom starts on the shoes and slowly moves up to the head i can do it on the app too or only in coding.

To stop the previews animation like hug or kiss or wave i need to change the ceane? what can i type to stop the animation ?

sorry about my million questions.

ps: Sorry about my English i don’t know if i make sense

Hey Catarina! Something that helped for me when I first started writing was watching youtube video tutorials. I really recommend Joseph Evans. :relaxed:

1 Like
  • I’m about to do a post on zoom directing. I’ll link it here when I’m done

• What do you mean by stop the animation?

• No worries. I love questions :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hii, yes im watching his videos and watched some last night i almost finish my first chapter but i want to improve my coding on script for the story feel right… i know i can do better i just need some time and training i guess. :slight_smile:
Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Like when i started they where kissing and then … how do i stop them doing this whit out make them leave the screen?
%C3%ADndice

And thank you i will wait for the link to try it out :smiley:

Oh ok. So you have used a loop behavior which means it will keep going til the end of time loll

So there’s a couple of things you can do.

• You can use a temporary behavior when ever possible.

For example (using the kiss behavior):

@CHAR1 is kiss_passionate
Instead of kiss_passionate_loop

• Now if you want the loop or the behavior only comes in a loop, then you end the behavior by starting a new behavior.

For example:
@CHAR is kiss_passionate_loop
@CHAR is idle_happy

That will automatically stop the loop behavior.

1 Like

Here’s the link to my Zoom Directing guide:

Hope it helps

1 Like

@CatarinaS
My guide how to zoom from feet to the head! Hope this helps! :heart:

1 Like

kiss_passionate and kiss_passionate_rear ARE looping animations, they just have that annoying thing when they like lean in to kiss and just do it in a loop over and over again (because they loop)

kiss_passionate_loop and kiss_passionate_loop_rear are the same except they start by kissing instead of start by lean to kiss and they actually look like normal loops.

Watching characters using the kiss_passionate and kiss_passionate_rear animations for long is so annoying, they just look so weird…

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: