Help Needed with Background Rules

Hey, so some backgrounds that I uploaded from the internet have already been rejected by Episode. I understand that there is a copyright issue (tv, films, people, etc.), but is it possible to alter the original image by adding my own work (details/edits) to it, and it getting approved by Episode?

1 Like

You could blur the things.

1 Like

Hi :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3:

You can use images that are in the public domain and add details or edits to them. You can also edit episode backgrounds for your own story, but you can’t use somebody else’s work and edit that, unless you have a license or the express permission of the owner of said image.

I’ve been making bgs for a while now, and the approvals procedure can be a bit hit & miss. Normally, it gets rejected if you have included brand names or anything that leads them to believe the image isn’t yours.

The email from Episode should give you a reason why, so you can always fix it and try again.

Best of luck

1 Like

Alrighty then. Thank you!!

1 Like

I suggest checking this thread while searching for backgrounds to use. They are all background creators in the community and most of these are well approved by Episode. It’s better to search here than randomly on the internet

1 Like