HELP! : New Author!

Hey, I’m PurpleRadiance :purple_heart:
I’ve been reading Episode for a while and have finally decided to get really invested in writing a story. I’ve finally settled on an idea that I think a lot of people are going to love (Hopefully!) Anyway, I’m used to writing on paper but directing has been causing me some issues as I can see it in my head based on other stories that I’ve read but can’t exactly put it into seamless code all the time.
I was hoping if anyone could send me some tips and tricks on how to make a beautiful story in any, but not limited to the following areas:

1. Covers
    2.Backgrounds ( I would like to use more modern backgrounds that I’ve seen some authors using and I have some scenes that would require “new” backgrounds to make sense)
    3.Art Scenes
    4.General Donacode Tiips
  2. Choices V. Narration
  3. How to set up as an author for Episode

Thank you guys so much! I truly appreciate any and all feedback. Have a radiant day!:purple_heart:

4 Likes

For backgrounds check instagram drives nad forums.
For covers and art scenes to have fo ask someone to make them for you.

1 Like

You can try your hand out at making your own. Either PowerPoint or PicsArt are good resources or you can request for a cover in Art Resources in Creator’s Corner. How to upload it: 🖼 HOW TO: Upload Cover / Background / Overlay If you’re looking for some cool fonts: Lunaa's Text Overlay Thread {Closed Until Further Noticed} is great to check out. I have this thread here of cover creators: The A-List of Profile Pic and Cover Creators!

OK, so Pixabay.com and Pexels.com are great place to get backgrounds free for commercial use (remember to read their license in case). You can also get vectors (overlays) from here. HOW TO RESIZE: HOW TO: Resize Images - #31 by JemU776 There’s a list of backgrounds here: 📝 Ultimate List of Backgrounds and Overlays Editors / Creators! I recommend the amazing FlowerGriefer, she has the best backgrounds and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Feel free to tag her or send her a PM if you need something <3
You can also try making your own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGRiwdaI5xU

Again, this is something you can request for in art resources.

1. "List" of Helpful Threads
  2. "List" of Script Templates (From other threads)
  3. https://www.dara-amarie.com/
  4. Joseph Evans’ tutorials on YouTube
  5. Script templates available at Episodelife.com
  6. A Help Thread: "Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!
  7. Shameless self-promo, my help thread: JemU776's Help Thread

OK, for an episode story, since it’s a visual app, you want to show instead of telling. Choices are also important since it’s an interactive app.
I give advice here:

Hmm, I recommend before you begin a story, practice! Practice with directing and have a plot in mind so you don’t get stuck later on. However, if you’re the type of person who just swings it and makes it all up as you go along that’s fine, too (I do that). Just note you need to have at least some goal of where your story will go. Here’s an amazing thread full of tips for writing: Tips, tricks & discussions: How to make your story better

Hope all this helps and if you need more help, feel free to reach out to me :hibiscus:

3 Likes

If you ever get questions about coding or just don’t know how to start with it, then you should check Josep Evan’s Youtube channel. He has many videos about coding that actually helped me a lot :D. Or you can check Dara Amarie’s forum posts on episode (or just her official website). Good luck with writing!

@Sydney_H could you close this please and thx!

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: