Help on my story plot - high profile party gone wrong

I’m in the very beginning process of coming up with a plot for my new story. I am changing ideas constantly, but I think I know how I’d like to start. MC works for a very rich, young couple, as a nanny for their 5 yr old daughter. They invite her to an exclusive, high profile, expensive party. Now, I want something to happen at this party to ‘thicken the plot’, whether it be a person she meets, something to happen, or something she finds out, perhaps about the couple that she works for - I’m not sure yet. It could be horror, mystery, fantasy, honestly I’m open to anything. Any ideas about what events could happen at this party?

I do have a couple ideas in mind already, but I’d be curious as to hear what you guys have to say :))

Hey, I think your idea is really good. So here is my idea:
MC needs to use the bathroom. On her way there she overhears a Conversation with the couple and a stranger.
The stranger blackmails the couple about the man having an affair (or even a child) with another women

1 Like

She can go check on the daughter to make sure she’s asleep, and she can be crying and say ‘there not my parents’

1 Like

Or she can actually fall for the dad? Cliché? maybe?

1 Like

How about finding out the family’s torture room? Too much? Mk.

1 Like

Oohhh that’s a good idea. Thank you! Of course, if I decide to take any inspiration from your idea I’ll let you know.

HAHAHAH honestly most of my stories have some sort of sick twist like that…I can’t help it, I love shocking readers

1 Like

Oh goodness that’s terrifying. Thank you :joy::joy::smiley:

1 Like

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: