Help on vampire fangs please

So I’m trying to have my LI (who is a vampire) change his lips into vampire ones. My story has customizations, so I labeled his lip customization so I could refer to it later. I used if and elif to change his lips to fangs, but I still won’t change when I review the chapter . Does anyone know how to fix this?

Could you send a ss of your script please?

Haha yes, just give me second to figure out how to do that!

2 Likes

There’s the one I used for selecting his lips and the one I used to try and change to vampire ones

1 Like

This is because you’re not following the “if, elif, else” structure correctly. You also need to make a separate ONE TIME selection for the mouth shape option. This is because the options present in the customization templates are repeating choices. Therefore, I recommend adding the option to solidify your choice AFTER customization takes place. This would require the use of gains and it would look something like this:

label fangs
NARR
Please reselect the mouth shape you chose.
choice
“Medium Heart” {
@COLE changes mouth into Medium Heart
@pause for a beat
NARR
Is this the mouth shape you chose?
choice
“Yes!” {
gain Medium_Heart
} “No, I messed up!” {
goto fangs
}
} “Full Lower Lip” {
@COLE changes mouth into Full Lower Lip Sharp
@pause for a beat
NARR Is this the mouth shape you chose?
choice
“Yes!” {
gain Full_Lower_Lip
} “No, I messed up!” {
goto fangs
}
}

Then, later on in the story (to change his mouth into the fangs) you would write this:

if (Medium_Heart) {
@COLE changes mouth into Medium Heart Vampire Fangs
} else {
@COLE changes mouth into Full Lower Lip Sharp Vampire Fangs
}

do you have the choice and if/elif in the same chapter?

if not portal doesn’t remember previous choices - test it in app.

Yes, it is right in the beginning!

Ok thank you for this, I’ll try it right now! I had no idea there was a gains coding.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Happy to help!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.