Help please! I'm desperate!

I’m new to the episode community and I am planning a story of my own. I need help with plot ideas and names for the story. I am literally dying over here, trying to get past this extreme writer’s block that I have ALL THE TIME! Also, if you have any name ideas then please share, but I will give you a summary of what I have so far.

Main Characters
Dove Harrison: Dove has a history of depression, anxiety, and bullying, and she’s is excited to start at a new school with a blank slate. She ends up falling in love with the school hottie, Noah Cooper. Her identical twin is Rose Harrison. Her best friend is Lexi Lynn. She tends to be sarcastic and during her lows, she completely shuts out everyone she loves. She has always been known as Rose’s weird twin. (Both her and Rose have blue eyes, fair skin, chestnut hair, oval faces, upturned noses, and upturned feline eye shapes btw.)

Rose Harrison: She has always been an outgoing and bubbly person, kinda causing Dove’s bullying at her old school without even knowing it. She has always been Dove’s bestest friend and she would do ANYTHING to keep Dove from hurting ( (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°) ). (I need names for her best friends :slight_smile:) Nobody ever really knows when she’s hurting, sometimes not even Dove can see it.

Noah Cooper: School hottie(basically :joy:), falls in love with Dove. He tends to go crazy when he hurts and makes really bad decisions. Not the typical episode bad boy, just somebody who fights for what he believes in. Blah blah blah…(I need some ideas for his character :slight_smile:)

Ms. Harrison: Teen mom and single mom. Dove and Rose’s mom (duh).
I need some ideas for lexi’s character :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the help! This took so long to write lol

Edit: I decided to name the story This Takes Time because…ya but I still would love some help with character ideas/development and some plot twists that could spice up this story! Also, I would definetly appreciate some advice/tips on how to portray the anxiety and depression because I personally don’t have either so I would love some help on respectfully and correctly representing that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

About name ideas, I don´t think anyone but you should decide that. I know that it can be hard to write sometimes. I am pretty new to the writer community here on Episode, but I have always loved to write novels. When I felt stressed I used to take a break and realax. Maybe read a book you enjoy and take inspiration from it, but try not to copy it. You can also do something that realxes you, take a bath or go for a walk, or be with friends and family. If you´re not stressed, it is so much easier to be creative!

I hope you find this helpful.

1 Like

Hello @harmonymiya4! This is Sydney the Moderator and we welcome you to the Episode Forum!

I’ve moved this topic into the Creator’s Corner Share Feedback since you’re looking for feedback on your story pitch. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out our Forum Tutorial! :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice!

You could go simple and just call it ‘Dove & Rose’ or ‘Rose & Dove’ , ‘Doves Carry the Roses’, ‘Delicate Dove, Radiant Rose’, ‘A Sister’s Sorrow’, ‘To Dove: From Rose with Love’, I like to rhyme sorry lol
and the cover can have a dove and rose on it, to show some symbolism that relates to their personalities. I love the names! They seem to suit the them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg I love those ideas. Thank you so much! Now I just need to decide between all of those story title ideas :joy:. I really apreciate the help! And thank you about the names :grin:

1 Like

Your welcome and thank you! Good luck :smiley:

1 Like

Good luck with your story but just make sure you portray the mental illnesses right I would suggest reading up on them or asking someone with experience or if you understand them great it’s just a lot of people (including me) don’t like it when they are not portrayed properly :revolving_hearts:hope this helps and again good luck ! :revolving_hearts:

I will definetly try my best to portray them correctly. My older sister has struggled with severe anxiety her whole life and my best friend used to be very depressed, but I will make sure to also read about both and show them as best as I can. I also hate when people don’t potray them correctly so I totally understand. Thank you!

1 Like

That’s amazing girl hope you’re story goes ok and if you ever need any help or someone to ask about mental illness im here whenever :revolving_hearts: I suffer with severe anxiety and depression so I appreciate your understanding and determination to get it right :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate it :grin:

1 Like

:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I’m here too in case you want more feedback and advice about portraying mental illness :two_hearts:.

Also, I just came up with an idea for Noah’s character: what if he’s bisexual? And maybe he’s had trouble in previous relationships with girls because they think he’s just gay, so he’s hesitant and afraid to tell Dove, who sees him struggling but has no idea why.

2 Likes

Thank you and I absolutely love that idea, I think it would really make him different from all the other guys. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

I was thinking of The Battle of Love :heartpulse: