Help remembering outfit with tapabble overlay

Hi, hi, how you doing? :slight_smile:
Well, I’ve been trying to figure out how to code this for a while now, I have no idea how to use points to remember choices, specially with tappable overlays.
So here’s the thing, I got @Dara.Amarie’s dressing template, and I don’t know how to remember my outfit for later.
My script:

ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 5 OUTFITS {

&ui LEFT_ARROW create and ui LEFT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW shifts to 7 187 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui RIGHT_ARROW create and ui RIGHT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW shifts to 250 187 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui CHOOSE create and ui CHOOSE scales to 0.4 0.4 in 0 and ui CHOOSE shifts to 75 110 in 0 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
&ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
goto tap_outfit_5
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
&ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
goto tap_outfit_1
}

label tap_outfit_1
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume1
@DRESSING =1

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_5
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_2
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_2
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume2
@DRESSING =2

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_1
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_3
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_3
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume3
@DRESSING =3

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_2
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_4
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_4
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume4
@DRESSING =4
tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_3
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_5
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_5
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume5
@DRESSING =5
tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_4
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_1
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_choose
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0.1
@HALEY is primp_neutral
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
“Yes!” {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit

} “No, let me try the others” {
&HALEY starts idle and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
if (DRESSING =1) {
goto tap_outfit_1
} elif (DRESSING =2) {
goto tap_outfit_2
} elif (DRESSING =3) {
goto tap_outfit_3
} elif (DRESSING =4) {
goto tap_outfit_4
} else {
goto tap_outfit_5
}
}

Then, this is what I’m using to remember the outfit. It doesn’t remember the right one :frowning:

if (DRESSING =1) {
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume1
} elif (DRESSING =2) {
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume2
} elif (DRESSING =3) {
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume3
} elif (DRESSING =4) {
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume4
} else {
@HALEY changes into HALEY_Costume5
}
Thank you so much for your time <3

3 Likes

I’ve looked over your code numerous times and cannot find an error. I’m at a loss…
What happens in your story with regards to the wrong costume being displayed? Does it automatically show the 5th costume or jumble them up?

2 Likes

There isn’t anywhere in between where you change the points? If you select the points and preview on the app, do you get the right outfit then? Is it always the same wrong outfit?

1 Like

So, it’s really weird. When I wrote this, I chose the 1st outfit and it was the 3rd one that appeared later on. Now it goes automatically to the 5th, no matter if I reset the story progress or restart the episode in which I choose the outfit. I don’t know it there’s anything to do with it, but the remember code is in other chapter.

Yeah, there’s not :\ I’m not sure how I can do that, and yes, apparently it always goes to the 5th and last one, now matter which one I choose.

If you go to the app and directly put in points as 4, then preview the second part when it is supposed to remember the choice, is it correct there?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know what to say. The code looks fine. I copy and pasted it into mine and just changes the character and outfits and it works for me.

I’m thinking either you have something between the choice and the recall that is changing the points. Or there’s a glitch.
Cut the script out and rewrite it in step by step.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll revise my script again