Help: Starting a bg/overlay drive

Heyy guys! I am thinking about starting a free overlay drive and may add backgrounds to it later on.
Suppose I find a copyright free png (overlay) on pixabay etc, can I add it to my drive and ask for credits on use? Or is credit required only when I make them completely from scratch?
Same for backgrounds, if I edit it using free pngs, can I take credit for them? :thinking: :thinking:

I’m not too sure, but if you edit the background then I believe you can take credit as long the background/pngs you use don’t require credit/are copyright free. Keep a look out if the original person who post it says 'don’t claim it as your own. Sorry I can’t be any more help :sweat_smile:

Oh okaay! thanks a lottt! I’m more worried about the overlays though… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If the background and overlays are free to use then you can’t take the credit because they are made by other people but if you make changes or make one from scratch then you can take credits!!

1 Like

very well! Thankyou so much!

1 Like

I use free to use stuff in my drive, but I edit together everything, even in backgrounds where I don’t change much, I still adjust something. I also mention in the terms of use document that all material is either from free to use sites, or drawn and created by myself.
Whilst I ask credit due to the edits I make, and overlays I have to cut, I know of some people who are using free images unedited in their drives, both free and paid, so I wouldn’t fret too much. Just be fair, and if you don’t adjust it at all, maybe make a separate folder in your drive for free use/no credit required overlays/backgrounds.

2 Likes

Oh yes this seems perfect! I’ll do this!! Separate folders seem fair!

1 Like