HELP! Swapping Covers for Own Voices submission?

Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to read this!

I submitted a story into the Own Voices contest (OV: JUNE), and after I published it… I realized I mixed up my large cover and small cover!

On the night of the deadline, I resubmitted the covers so that they’d be correct. I did submit them within the deadline!! The only thing is… they just got approved - today. Can I update my story to reflect the changes?

If you look at my story - you’ll understand what I mean. The smaller story cover - the background is transparent, and the larger one… the background is not transparent.

They are the same exact pictures - except one is transparent. I wouldn’t be changing the content or anything like that…. Would it get me disqualified from the contest if I swap them out with each other?!

It would looks SO much better if I could swap them out. My small cover looks blank and boring because of the transparent background

1 Like

No, you can’t, even if you submitted them earlier. They just have been approved now and to make them visible, you have to update your story. This would disqualify you. I wouldn’t risk that

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of… I’ll get disqualified!

This is my first contest entry and I don’t want to ruin it for myself, I’m just not used to the rules yet.

Probably just best to play it safe and leave it for now. Maybe I’ll send in a ticket to support and ask? Thanks for your help! :heart:

1 Like

I know it can get confusing but it’s clearly stated in the rules that you can’t. I don’t think sending a ticket will change that fact and I’m sure they won’t make an exception just because you ask nicely :sweat_smile:
Good luck with your entry!

1 Like

That’s probably true, I’ll just be patient and wait until the contest is over. Thanks!!

1 Like

Send a ticket and explain to them

1 Like

I did that f up. please don’t, wait to the contest is over.

2 Likes