Help / Tips on Side View Drawing?

I’m drawing an art scene right now, and the only problem i’m having is drawing the face shape right :sob: Can anyone “help” me or tell me something to try?

1 Like

I’d say try finding a reference and break into simple shapes, drawing over it in bright colour (red will do). Use different layer for it!!!
Pay extra attention to the relation between facial features (ie. Top of the ear is the same height, as eyebrow and it ends at the same height as nose).
Once you have a basic understanding of the face shapes, hide the reference photo and looking only at the thing you drew over it, try drawing the same thing, but free handed.
This should help you learning the proportions and this exercise works perfectly for EVERYTHING, not only side views of the face :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you! I tried watching videos but it just wasn’t really helping

2 Likes

Yeah, some professional artists tend to forget how they actually learned specific things :sweat_smile:
I once posted this on my ig:

Maybe this visual will help you better, since I’m not that good at explaining things. Anyway, good luck drawing! :heart: And if you ever need any help, just hmu!

2 Likes

Ahh, thank you sm! That’s really helpful

2 Likes