Help to fix UNEXPECTED ERROR

So there’s no issue with the first choice option, so I don’t know how to approach the second one to fix it. Beats me :tipping_hand_woman:t5:

It looks like you have a space between the closing bracket and the next option. Either remove that closing bracket and set up the 2nd option like this:
} “option2” {

Or remove the space between the second option and that closing bracket. So removing line 1256. Well click on that line and press delete to bump the option 2 to that line.

Hope that made sense :woozy_face:

Typically I set up choices like this instead:

choice
“Option1” {

} “option2” {

} “option3” {

}

Instead of:

“Option1” {
}
“Option2” {
}

2 Likes

I set up my choices like your second example so I close them up kike she did in her scripts with those arrows in the margins.
But without an empty line like she has.

can you show me the first choice anyway?

sometimes the problem is in other line than the one the error point to…

both works :smiley:actualy you can write it even like this

“option1”
{
}
“option2”
{
}

oh I know, I was meaning I personally write the choice that way instead of the other way because the other way I feel like you can lose the brackets easier but that’s just my personal preference format :blush: And right now her bracket has a space that shouldn’t be there,hers is like this:

“Option1” {
}
#space right here can’t be there
“option2” {
}

the space between the closing bracket and option2 will cause that error about scene and character change. So I was poorly wording to her to either delete the space or write the format the other way so that you can have a space between the choice options. :pancakes:

Lol yeah I personally can’t write choices like that. It throws me off since I started first the other way. Granted the set up for the open and close bracket looks like it should be easier on the eyes and track because you see you’re closing it each time but for me, I keep putting a space where it doesn’t belong with that way to write choices.

But yes she did use the 2nd way, however putting a space between the closing bracket and the next option will cause an error. That’s why I was saying to either get rid of the space or do the other format so that error won’t pop up.

1 Like

honestly brackets was the hardest for me to get my brain was not processing why the bracket closing previouse choice is on the line with new choice.

So breaking it each to separate line helped me to understand how the brackets work. :rofl::woman_facepalming:

So I was the werdo writing it all separated.:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Agree! For instance, I always write layers on a separate line so I can search for them quickly when I need to move people around.
I don’t know how people write everything on the same line.

1 Like

Lol actually… hmm I see it in scripts a lot separated like that and like you said doing that format it’s easier on the eyes and understanding how it works by seeing it closing so I’m the weirdo who thinks the other weird format is easier lol :joy: 🥸

@littledove1420
Let me rephrase, :clown_face: you can write it the way you are but you just can’t have that space there between options, if you do it that way. Or you can also write choices in the format I typically write it which is each first one is
“Option1” {
While the other options start with a closed bracket. For me, it helps me know it’s part of a bigger choice system and I don’t lose sight of the closing bracket for it especially if I have nested choices in there then I get confused which bracket belongs to what. And I also just don’t like the look of it separated lol :clown_face: but do you boo boo. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I have to write layers on the same line like this:
&CHAR spot % x y in zone # at layer #

I think it’s easier that way and to track it than to write out CHAR moves to layer. Lol :clown_face: I think I just like things being a close-knit fam. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Yea, when I have 20 characters walking around, I need them all on separate lines so i can keep track of who is in front of whom. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It seems to me lot of people learn AND before & so therefore they make the long lines.

I try to avoid them because its so hard to find typo if you make one in long line.

2 Likes

Agree

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.