Help w/ Gems (Coding Issue)

Since authors basically had no other choice but to include gems in our stories because of the new algorithm, I added a general “Support the Author” choice at the end of each chapter.

This includes 4 choices, being “Yes” coded for 5 gems, “Of course!” being coded for 8 gems, “I LOVE YOU.” being coded for 22 gems, and the “No” option.

In the online previewer, my code works. But on the app, it puts all my choices as the largest gem amount, being 22.

(Note : I changed the number to see if it would fix it, but it didn’t, which is why it says 17 instead of 22.)

CODE

INT. EWRITES - DAY

@pause for 3
volume music 0 4000

@speechbubble is 157 324 to 100%

NARRATOR
Would you like to support the author |bold|(appreciated so so much <3)|reset|?

choice (support_author)
GEMS:5"Yes"{

NARRATOR
Thank you!

}GEMS:8"Of course!"{

NARRATOR
Thank you |bold|so so SO|reset| much!

}GEMS:17"I LOVE YOU."{

NARRATOR
I truly love you more than life itself-

|bold|Thank you so much. This means the world to me.

}“No”{

NARRATOR
That's perfectly okay! Thank you so much for reading <3

}

@transition fade out white 2

(Another note: The code just says GEMS:#, but it has the <>, it’s just not showing :,))

If you know what I did wrong, please lmk! Or if it’s a glitch, lmk about that as well - I feel kinda dumb :sob:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s a glitch, a lot of people have been experiencing this lately

2 Likes

Is this the code to add gems? I am considering doing it to my story not sure yet

1 Like

Yes.
At first I just used this as gem choices, but I recently added a few more as like outfit choices because the support the author choice wasn’t enough to keep me relevant :,(.

1 Like

Okay, thank you sm.

1 Like

Do you mind telling me what is the code to this gem thing… ? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

choice
GEMS:PRICE " CHOICE" {

}
That is how you write it. Example: GEMS:20 or if you do not put price, it would automatically be 15 gems. Hope it helped.

1 Like