Help with animations please

Hi
I’m struggling to get this scrip right. Everything is perfect until Lucy falls. When Lucy does the fall animation nothing actually happens and it’s as if she is in idle animation. I’ve tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@/pause for 3

@/zoom on 324 453 to 389% in 0.2 using easeinout

@/pause for 2

@/zoom on 336 460 to 950% in 0

@/pause for 2

@/LUCY is talk_accuse_angry

@/zoom on 525 478 to 389% in 0

@/TENEBRIS F is talk_sit_coy

@/zoom on 336 460 to 950% in 0

@/LUCY is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop

@/LUCY is talk_whatever_annoyed

&/LUCY walks to spot 0.318 78 569 in zone 2 in 1 and LUCY starts walk_scared_loop

@/zoom on 389 485 to 950% in 1

@/LUCY is fall

NARRATOR
It was where Lucy fell, pulled a ligament and fractured her ankle. A very nasty fall.
She was in crutches for seven to eight weeks and vowed never to climb a tree again.
1 Like

Try
@LUCY starts fall

1 Like

I’ve tried

1 Like

Oops :speak_no_evil: sorry didn’t mean to tag a person into this!!
I’ve changed it

1 Like

sometimes i have this problem and i just set up the scene again and do it in that scene and it usually works.

2 Likes

You could try switching these two around maybe? Instead of

You could try:

&/zoom on 389 485 to 950% in 1
@/LUCY walks to spot 0.318 78 569 in zone 2 in 1 and LUCY does it while walk_scared_loop THEN LUCY is fall

I hope this helps if you’re still having trouble!

2 Likes

The error is being caused because of the ampersand in the line above the zoom. You’re not giving Lucy enough time to move, and you’re using the wrong command for her animation which also causes an error. Adding on to what the person above said, your script should look something like…

&zoom on 389 485 to 950% in 1
@LUCY walks to spot 0.318 78 569 in zone 2 in 1 and LUCY does it while walk_scared_loop then LUCY is fall

If you need more information on how the signs and commands used in this example work, refer to this post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2pzCjsnlX/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

It works but after the fall animation is played it goes back into idle

1 Like

Try then LUCY starts fall instead of is fall then

1 Like

&/LUCY walks to spot 0.318 78 569 in zone 2 in 1 and LUCY does it while walk_scared_loop THEN LUCY is fall

@/zoom on 389 485 to 950% in 1

Because you have the walk animation ending at the exact same time as the fall animation starts, it glitches slightly and the character goes to idle. I always find putting a THEN command after a walking command stops this. Hope it helps :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve just realised you’ve already explained what I just have … apologies I should learn to read the whole post before jumping in :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol :joy: No worries.

Thank you so much!! I’ve been trying to find the solution since forever!!! :smile::laughing:

1 Like

Thank so much!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.