Help with Bonus scene

I can’t find the problem with this

Choices have to be right after a dialogue. I think that’s the problem. It can be like

NARRATOR
Do you want a bonus scene?
choice …

2 Likes

You also forgot the “i” in “if” :see_no_evil:

I’d also change the choice name too so that it’s different from the first option’s name:

choice (CHOICENAME)
“OPTION 1” {

} “OPTION 2” {

}

Yada yada yada.

if (CHOICENAME is “OPTION 1”){

#branch here.

} else {

#other branch here.

}

3 Likes

Ooh nice catch. That, too.

1 Like

thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

my mistake thank you

1 Like

Sure! It’s an easy mistake that I also make sometimes.

The scene is not showing

I think it’s because you said “if (BONUS1…)” instead of “if (BONUS SCENE…)” since that’s what you named the choice.

Edit: the “I WOULD LOVE TO” might also need to be “I would love to” like in the choice, but I also don’t know how picky the writer’s portal is

1 Like

It didn’t work

Oh that’s really weird. Maybe try saving and refreshing the page? Sometimes the previewer glitches out.

It didn’t work because you can’t have any spaces for choice title, it can only consist of letters, numbers, and/or underscores.
So instead of (BONUS SCENE), you could either put “BONUSSCENE”, “BONUS_SCENE”, etc.
Then make sure your choice title and option names are matched exactly, or else it wouldn’t work.

And I just want to ask, why not just insert the scene inside the choice since there’s no change of scenes, or anything between it? Like this.

choice (BONUS_SCENE)
“I would love to”{
INT. LONG HALLWAY - DAY…
@/MOON changes…
@/NOAH…
}
“NO THANKS”{
-NoBonus-
}

Thank you it worked :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.