Help with character walk off screen together?

Hi!
I’m a newbie in writing.
So I have 3 character in this scene, Jenny, James, Charlotte, and they’re standing in the order I typed.
Charlotte is offering a tour around school and Jenny, James are following her.
So I want those three two walk through the library then through the other places,… while they’re having a conversation. I saw this in THE PHOENIX PROPHECY, as Phoenix is walking through the forest with Tanner/Bastion and having a conversation with him.
How?
Please tell me if you know how, thanks a lot.

I’m just going to take this piece by piece in order of simplicity.

Conversation:
He was likely switching between @CHARACTER is walk_neutral and @CHARACTER is walk_talk_happy. Easiest way to use this is:

@CHARACTER1 is walk_neutral and CHARACTER2 is walk_neutral
CHARACTER1 (walk_talk_happy)
This weather is lovely.
&CHARACTER1 is walk_neutral
CHARACTER2 (walk_talk_happy)
It sure is.
&CHARACTER2 is walk_neutral
CHARACTER (walk_talk_happy)
So nice.
#Repeat this process.
#The & symbol allows the command to be preformed at the same time as the ones below it. This will prevent there from being a weird pause.

Walking:
So I didn’t read that story, but it sounds like he was using a looping background. As far as I know, you cannot make a looping background yourself. You can however follow your characters through a screen.

At the most basic level, say you start in zone 1 and walk to zone 3:
INT. PRETEND LIBRARY - DAY
&CHARACTER1 stands screen center and CHARACTER1 faces right
&CHARACTER2 stands screen left and CHARACTER2 faces right
&CHARACTER3 stands upscreen left and CHARACTER3 faces right
@pause for a beat
&CHARACTER1 walks to screen center in zone 4 in 10 ( 10 is the time it will take)
&CHARACTER2 walks to screen center in zone 4 in 10
&CHARACTER3 walks to screen center in zone 4 in 10
&follow CHARACTER 1 to screen right in zone 3 or &pan to zone 3 in 10
#Now add your dialogue as shown above.
#The reason I use zone 4 in a 3 zone background is so the characters don’t stop walking.
INT. SCENE 2 - DAY
&cut to zone 1
&CHARACTER1 enters from left to screen center then CHARACTER1 walks to screen center in zone 4 in 10
&CHARACTER2 enters from left to screen left then CHARACTER2 walks to screen center in zone 4 in 10
&CHARACTER3 enters from left to upscreen left then CHARACTER3 walks to screen center in zone 4 in 10
&pan to zone 3 in 10
#Just repeat this pattern.

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: