Help with Choices!

Hi. I’m new to episode and I’m having trouble with making choices. Any help is appreciated!

What exactly do you want to make in the choices? If you be a tad bit specific I can help you

Just the coding to use. Like having the reader choice between two outfits.

Of course I’ll help you with this!

So the first step is to create outfits and name them using different recognizable names. Then now lets look at the script work. So first choose a background or a spot in your existing one. Have the character walk to the screen center in whatever zone.
@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone (whatever number)

Next you have to create a label for your dressing game. The label is your decision so name it whatever you want. But write it in this format:
label (your label here) (Just a quick heads up you don’t have to include the parenthesis)
So here’s an example:
label choosing_outfit1

Next you can have your character think or say out loud:
CHARACTER (think)
(What should I wear today?)

CHARACTER (talk_think)
What should I wear today?

Next follow this format for your dressing game:

choice (write the words choice first)
“Outfit 1 Name”{
@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone (Specify a zone number here that you’re not in) (For example if you’re in zone 2 then you can say zone 1 or 3 and if you’re in zone 1 then you can say zone 2 or 3)
@CHARACTER changes into (Outfit name here)
}
“Outfit 2 Name”{
@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone (Specify a zone number here that you’re not in) (For example if you’re in zone 2 then you can say zone 1 or 3 and if you’re in zone 1 then you can say zone 2 or 3)
}
“Outfit 3 Name”{
}
Then you write

@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone (whatever zone you were previously in)
@pause for a beat

CHARACTER (think)
(Should I wear this one?)

choice
“Yes, this looks good (or whatever you wanna write here)”{
CHARACTER (talk_happy_smile)
I look amazing!
}
“Nope, I’ll have another look (Or whatever you wanna write here)”{
goto (over here write the label name you first wrote in the beginning so for example:
goto choosing_outfit1
}

Annd that’s how you write a dressing game choice, It might look complicated but trust me it isn’t and if you need any more help then feel free to ask me. :smile:

Thank you so much!

No problem,

Thanks for responding @EpisodeAfra! Closing thread :v:t2: