Help with code! (SOLVED)

So in this scene I want to have my character, Lexi, hand another character, Killian, a piece of paper. But, for some reason, when I run this code, Lexi raises her hand to give the paper to him twice rather than just once. I’ve tried editing it a bunch of different ways and just don’t know what I’m missing, thought maybe someone else could see something I can’t. Here’s the code (and if you want to see it in action it’s within the first like 30 seconds of the first episode of my story, so I can send you the link to view it):

@add Sheet Paper White to LEXI
@LEXI is give_object_happy AND KILLIAN is take_object_neutral
@remove Sheet Paper White from LEXI
@add Sheet Paper White to KILLIAN
@KILLIAN is read_paper_neutral

Thank you!

Try writing this line with & instead of @

That worked for having her only do the action once, but it put the paper in Killian’s hand before she really handed it to him, and it made it look like she never had it in her hand in the first place - not sure if there’s anything else I could do?

hmmmm maybe add @pause a beat in middle of coding so when the paper is given . it will not make her seen like it not paper in killan’s hand before she really handed it to him @Taylor1004

So, I’ve tested something out, and this worked for me (don’t know if this is what you’d like, though):

&KILLIAN starts take_object_neutral and LEXI starts give_object_happy
@pause for 3
&KILLIAN starts read_paper_neutral and LEXI starts idle
1 Like

Hi @Taylor1004 i make this code for you and Code do works . Also i was not sure what kind of background you was using that why i only used office supply closet as a example.

INT. OFFICE SUPPLY CLOSET

@cut to zone 1

@KILLIAN spot 0.813 109 195 in zone 1 AND KILLIAN faces right AND LEXI stands back right and LEXI faces left

&KILLIAN starts take_object_neutral and LEXI starts give_object_happy

@pause for a beat

&KILLIAN starts read_paper_neutral and LEXI starts idle

1 Like

OMG thank you that worked!!!

1 Like