Help with codes

Hi! I want to make a character walk from left and walk smoothly through ALL the 3 zones and at the same time think about smth. How can I code that?

hello, okay first thing you wanna do is out and ” & ” symbol and write

& CHARACTER walks to position in zone 3
@ follow CHARACTER to position in zone 3
CHARACTER
(dialogue)

the parenthesis or “()” are to make the thought bubble

1 Like

the fallow command as mentioned above will, however, work only in case you use simple directing.

In case you use spot directing you can have the same effect while using a pan.

2 Likes

what do you mean with the @ follow character hahaha
I’m a new one here, i don’t understand everything, yetttt

what’s a pan?

it’s a comand which makes the camera pan to the desired zone in the desired time

@pan to zone 3 in 10

similar to command cut but command cut jumps to the desired zone directly

@cut to zone 3 (you do not, therefore, use time next to cut comand)

1 Like

okayy thank uu!

but this are realy the basic …if you are new to writing first go through the tutorials

Oh and how would be the command to make the character exit too? i want like a smooth pass through all the zones and the exit to the right.

Well I’m new here. I find it easier to ask you then go through all the tutorials.

Can’t remember everything at once though :slight_smile:

Um… do you know what is spot directing?

Or simple directing like

@CHARACTER enters from left to screen center

are you familiar with this?

yeah just didn’t know how to make a smooth one through all the zones. But there are nice ppl like Naomi who didn’t judge me on how much knowledge I have about this and just answered my quest :slight_smile: As I said, faster to ask here. If you are here to judge me then no need to answer my quest.

I am not judging you I am only trying to understand how much you know to so I know how much detail I have to explain how to do it with spot directing and pan :joy:

shoot. sorry then :sweat_smile: I am kinda pissed because of another situation and read your answer in a different tone. So sorryy. Should not judge someone lol. I am such a hypocrite

No problem.

In the simple directing you can have it like this

@MARBEL enters from left to screen center
&MARBEL walks to screen center in zone 3
&follow MARBEL to screen center in zone 3
MARBEL
(thoughts)
&MARBEL walks to screen center in zone 3
@follow MARBEL to screen center in zone 3
@MARBEL exits right

just replace MARBEL with the name of your character …it will not be smooth only in case the reader taps slowly or you will have lot thoughts - then it will stop in zone 3 till the reader will go through all the thoughts.

please test it if it is what you wanted

If you will have there a lot of text it might be better to use looping background…

1 Like

Thank youuu sooo much! It worked ! Sorry again for judging you.

no problem.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

to make the camera follow the character