Help with coding/animating these overlays

hi im having trouble coding this script i want my overlays to float in and float out like come onto screen from the side and then leave but i want it to all come together because its supposed to be like the intro to my story i have 4 different pieces of the title that i made into overlays but i cant get the overlays to animate and it’s just not working i can’t seem to get the tutorials down either the script goes like this

@overlay THE TITLE OV part one create
&overlay THE TITLE OV part one opacity 0 in 0
@overlay THE TITLE OV part shifts to 2 149 in zone 1 using easeinout 1
@overlay THE TITLE OV part one scales to 0.172 0.172
@overlay THE TITLE OV part one to layer 2
@overlay THE TITLE OV part one opacity 1 in 2

@overlay TITLE OV part two create
&overlay TITLE OV part twoopacity 0 in 0
@overlay TITLE OV part two shifts to 96 96 in zone 1 using easeinout in 2
@overlay TITLE OV part two scales to 0.172 0.172
@overlay TITLE OV part two rotates 0 anchor point 0.0 0.0
@overlay TTITLE OV part two to layer 3
@overlay TITLE OV part two opacity 1 in 2

@overlay TITLE OV part three create
&overlay TITLE OV part three opacity 0 in 0
@overlay TITLE OV part three shifts to 1 35 in zone 1 using easeinout in 1
@overlay TITLE OV part three scales to 0.184 0.184
@overlay TITLE OV part three rotates 0 anchor point 0.0 0.0
@overlay TITLE OV part three to layer 4
@overlay TITLE OV part three opacity 1 in 2

@overlay TITLE OV part four create
&overlay TITLE OV part four opacity 0 in 0
@overlay TITLE OV part four shifts to 115 23 in zone 1 using easeinout in 2
@overlay TITLE OV part four scales to 0.172 0.172
@overlay TITLE OV part four rotates 0 anchor point 0.0 0.0
@overlay TITLE OV part four to layer 5
@overlay TITLE OV part four opacity 1 in 2

i also have a blur overlay that matches my intro i wanted the background to blur out with the overlay i made and then the words of my title come in but i can’t seem to do that or make it look right either i feel like i keep messing everything up

Hello, I might be able to help :yay:

What you want to do is basically you want to place all your overlays off screen (using all the commands typical of placing overlays on/off screen: create, shifts to, scales to, layer, opacity, etc).

Then after you’ve placed them offscreen, in order to have them come in, you’d do something like this:

&overlay NAME1 shifts to x y in zone # in s using easing_function
&overlay NAME2 shifts to x y in zone # in s using easing_function
&overlay NAME3 shifts to x y in zone # in s using easing_function
@overlay NAME4 shifts to x y in zone # in s using easing_function

Obviously, you want to replace NAME1, NAME2, NAME3, NAME4 with the name of your overlay. x y would be real numerical values, # is also a number, as is s (number, in seconds). easing_function would also be replaced.

When you place them offscreen, use the shifts to coordinates the portal gives you when you are using the create command for the overlay.

Then when you want them to enter your screen, you would have new shifts to coordinates.

I have this thread:

Additionally, & commands happen at the same time, so all four overlays will come in together (because three of them have &). The last one has @ because this command (unless zero seconds) takes time to happen before the next command in the script can take place.
If you write & for all four overlays, then the next command in your script would start right away. So having @ for your last overlay coming in is a good idea, in order to have the action(s) finish without interruptions.

If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask! :blob_sun:

Thank you I’m sorry I just now seen this !