I threw up.
&cut to zone 2
SASHA
Oh…
SASHA
Okay.
@transition fade out black

1 Like

Hi, um what do you need to fix? Or rather, what are you trying to change?

1 Like

The overlays are all out of wack.

1 Like

Okay, let me run what you coded, and see what’s going on :slight_smile:

1 Like

can you send me the overlays ( you can PM them to me if you’d wish and the background if it’s not an episode one)

In order for me to place them, I need them lol

edit: but if you want you can try coding it like this:

INT. BACKGROUND NAME - DAY with OVERLAY with OVERLAY with OVERLAY2 (etc)

&cut to zone # and zoom reset and overlay OVERLAY shifts to # # in zone # and OVERLAY scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay OVERLAY moves to layer # and overlay OVERLAY opacity # and overlay OVERLAY2 shifts to # # in zone # and OVERLAY2 scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay OVERLAY2 moves to layer # and overlay OVERLAY2 opacity # (repeat for the number of overlays you’ve placed with your BG) and CHARACTER spot # # in zone # and CHARACTER moves to layer # and CHARACTER faces left/right and CHARACTER starts talk/idle_animation_name (repeat for # of characters)
@transition fade in black in #

CHARACTER (talk_animation)

Blah blah blah.
&CHARACTER starts idle_animation
@transition fade out black in #

^^^^
coding it INT. BLAH - DAY with OVERLAYNAMEINCAPS will eliminate your need to put @overlay OVERLAYNAME create from your script. If it’s something you want to show up in a few script lines, set the original opacity at 0 and when you want it to appear just put &overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 (if it’s a fade in you’d put in # after the opacity 1. Same goes for fading an overlay to 0)

INT. KENNEDY DINING ROOM - DAY with CHAIR TOP RIGHT with CHAIR BOTTOM RIGHT with CHAIR TOP LEFT with BOTTOM CHAIR LEFT with DINING ROOM TABLE
&cut to zone 3 and zoom reset
&overlay DINING ROOM TABLE shifts to 114 -29 in zone 1 and overlay DINING ROOM TABLE scales to 1.182 1.182 and overlay DINING ROOM TABLE moves to layer -2 and overlay DINING ROOM TABLE opacity 1

&overlay CHAIR TOP RIGHT shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 and overlay CHAIR TOP RIGHT scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay CHAIR TOP RIGHT moves to layer 1 and overlay CHAIR TOP RIGHT opacity 1

&overlay CHAIR TOP LEFT shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 and overlay CHAIR TOP LEFT scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay CHAIR TOP LEFT moves to layer 1 and overlay CHAIR TOP LEFT opacity 1

&overlay BOTTOM CHAIR LEFT shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 and overlay BOTTOM CHAIR LEFT scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay BOTTOM CHAIR LEFT moves to layer -1 and overlay BOTTOM CHAIR LEFT opacity 1

&overlay CHAIR BOTTOM RIGHT shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 and overlay CHAIR BOTTOM RIGHT scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay CHAIR BOTTOM RIGHT moves to layer -1 and overlay CHAIR BOTTOM RIGHT opacity 1

&SASHA spot 1.090 69 195 in zone 2 and SASHA moves to layer 0 and SASHA faces left AND SASHA starts idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear

&CAL spot 1.090 489 162 in zone 3 and CAL moves to layer 2 and CAL faces left

@transition fade in black in 2

@CAL walks to spot 1.090 228 122 in zone 3 AND CAL is walk_exhausted_loop
&CAL faces left

@CAL is idle_exhausted_loop
@speechbubble is 130 253 to 100% with tail_top_right
CAL (talk_exhausted)
Hey…
&cut to zone 2
@speechbubble is 209 280 to 100% with tail_top_left
SASHA
Hey.
SASHA
What happened?
&cut to zone 3
@speechbubble is 130 253 to 100% with tail_top_right
CAL (talk_exhausted)
I threw up.
&cut to zone 2
@speechbubble is 209 280 to 100% with tail_top_left
SASHA
Oh…
SASHA
Okay.
@transition fade out black in 2

REUPLOAD using these for the code to work – I went ahead and cut out the originals from the background that you sent me. :smiley:

Hey, so the thing with shrinking down overlays before uploading them is that episode’s sizing tool doesnt allow you to adjust width and height separately. For simple backgrounds like this, it’s easier to just cut out everything at their original size, save that as the PNG file then upload. Usually things like chair backs, balls, tables, furniture etc can be left at their original size.

I left a space between them I usually code all my overlays, zooms and characters in one line like:

INT. PLACE - DAY *with OVERLAY with OVERLAY2
&cut to zone # and zoom # # to % and overlay OVERLAY shifts to ## in zone # and (all that overlay code for each overlay) and CHARACTER stands screen (position) and CHARACTER move to layer # and CHARACTER faces lef/right and CHARACTER starts blah_animation

For me, doing it like ^^^^ makes it look cleaner in the portal. Some people keep all their codes separate and it obviously works the same. Just remember to put the overlay names after your background with NAME instead of the extra coding of “@overlay NAME create”
^ I only use that code when duplicating an overlay (like a bottle or letter or something like that).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.