Help with entering at a height

I know how to make my character enter from left and exit left at a height but I can’t make them enter and exit right at a height …PLEASE HELPPPP!

1 Like

I usually set their spot outside of the viewing screen and then make sure they walk to their spot using the “CHARACTER walks to spot” command. I don’t know, see if that works. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

It’ll make the character enter at the default height but end up taller when they reach the spot

I thought that was only if you said “CHARACTER enters from screen [something] to [something]”. :thinking:

1 Like

To be honest though, I haven’t coded in a while, so I could be wrong, I’m just trying to go by my memory.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there really is a way to do that… I mean, maybe you could have them slightly off camera? Or even offscreen? Like, offscreen right, offscreen left? Or even just barely on screen? I’m not completely sure haha
You’ll have to sort of play around with that to find what works best with that specific scene.

Yes, I first… actually imma add what I put.

@BLAIR spot 1.109 -125 104 in zone 2 at layer 3

@BLAIR walks to spot 1.109 125 104 in zone 2 in 3

That’s what I say to make her walk-in (they ONLY enter left) and when I make them exit I say @BLAIR exits right and the height messes up…

Yeah, it is. But you gotta have the character enter the screen first. Or at least have them offscreen first I think-

@BLAIR spot 1.109 -125 104 in zone 2 at layer 3 < this one makes them off screen first

1 Like

I think what I did was make their spot like, for example, 1.280 -100 0, so they appear offscreen.
Yes, that’s what I meant, they have to appear offscreen first.

1 Like

The height still messes up?

1 Like

No the height does not mess up because when they enter they enter at the height I want them to but when i just cant make them enter from them right side or exit right.

Oh, if you want them to enter from the right side, try putting 400 or something instead of -100.

Errr, -125, I mean.

Ok so can you give me an example of how I would write it specifically.

@BLAIR spot 1.109 400 104 in zone 2 at layer 3
@BLAIR walks to spot 1.109 125 104 in zone 2 in 3

I just looked at what you wrote above for the spotting. Try that, and tell me if it works.
If the character doesn’t appear offscreen, try 500 instead of 400.

1 Like

OMG, it worked I was working on this for soooo long thank you so much.

1 Like

Ayyy, glad I could help! :grinning:

1 Like