Help With Genre

So I recently came out with a new story and I’m having trouble with genre, I feel like it could fit under comedy or mystery, I usually don’t have an issue figuring this out, for some reason this one has me stumped.

1 Like

What’s the plot:)?

Description is One night of partying ends with you waking up in the bed of someone you never expected to meet. Can you figure out what happened, despite almost no memory of it?
It’s basically the MC and a secondary character (male) figure out who set them up

I’d say put it in the mystery genre because it sounds like someone drugged the MC and the secondary character (hard partying you’ll remember bits and pieces afterwards and more later on but completely losing your memory sounds like drugging) plus you said they were set up so definitely some sketchy stuff goin on that doesn’t sound funny :sweat_smile:

That’s just my interpretation of the description you gave tho so take what I said with a grain of salt haha

It actually is sitting in the mystery genre at the moment, although without giving to much away the male mc was just being a good guy he remembers everything but neither are aware it was a set up until later on in the story.

1 Like

I do think this would be a mystery or drama genre. It may have some humorous parts, but I don’t think this would fit in comedy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.