Help with height

Hey, so I’m new to episode and I’m kind of having problems with the height of my character. My problem is when my character enters I want them to be a specific height but instead they enter at default height AND later turn into the height I want which looks pretty awkward when I preview it. Do you know how I could fix it?
This is my script rn :
@ JORDAN spot 1.334 50 0
@ JORDAN spot 1.334 50 0 AND JORDAN enters from left to screen left AND JORDAN is walk_neutral
@ JORDAN spot 1.334 50 0

1 Like

You need to spot direct them to the height you want in a place that’s off screen. Hope this helps and makes sense. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Example:

First spot direct them offscreen:

@JORDAN spot 1.334 X 0

Leave 1.334 as that is their height, leave the 0 so they walk in a straight line into the scene, only change the middle number (the X). So put them into the scene, and drag them offscreen, copy whatever the middle number is and put it into your script (the X is where a character walks either left to right or right to left)

Feel free to add a direction they’re facing by writing AND JORDAN faces right onto the command where they’re offscreen.

Then have them walk into the scene using spot directing:

@JORDAN walks to spot 1.334 50 0

Keep the 1.334 and 0 the same. Only the middle number changed. From whatever X was that put them offscreen to 50.

Feel free to add the time and/or a walking animation when they enter so it can look something like this:

@JORDAN walks to spot 1.334 50 0 in 2 AND JORDAN does it while walk_neutral

*He walks to the new spot in 2 seconds and does it while doing a neutral walking animation

ATM can’t test stuff out on the portal but anyways, hope this helps :joy:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh sksksksk thank you so much! This was really helpful, thank you :grin: :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! That makes sense :grin:

I’m sorry to bother but it’s still not working for me. I want my character to enter the scene in a certain height, but whenever I use spot director and make them taller, they stay like their default size. Please help me, I’ve literally tried everything.

Also here is the script:

INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY
@transition fade in black in 3
@pan to zone 2
@pause for a beat
@ROBERT enters from right to screen left
&ROBERT spot 1.415 50 0
&ROBERT faces right

Something like this, perhaps:

INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM - DAY
&ROBERT spot 1.415 -50 0 in zone 1 AND ROBERT faces right
@transition fade in black in 3
&pan to zone 2 in 3
@ROBERT walks to spot 1.415 50 0 in zone 2 in 3

1 Like

Thank you, it works now!

No problem :sunglasses:

@CHLOE spot 1.001 X 17 in zone 2

@CHLOE enters from right to spot 1.001 187 17 in 4 AND CHLOE faces left AND SEAN is think_rubchin

@CHLOE is idle_shiftweight_neutral_loop AND CHLOE moves to layer 2 AND CHLOE is hug_neutral_loop_rear AND CHLOE faces left AND zoom reset

Is it like this?

1 Like

When you place CHLOE offscreen, X must be replaced with a number (it’s the middle/second number)

1 Like

i’m finding it really difficult atm

1 Like