HELP with highlighting and shadowing in ibis paint x

Okay so I’m trying to make an edit and try and create highlights and shadow but I’m not 100% sure how to edit the face. Does anyone have any tips techniques for highlighting the face or just for the entire image? It would be much appreciated.

PS this is my first time doing an edit on a drawing app so please be kind! 🥲

2 Likes

Wow! That is actually so good for your first time. :flushed:

Highlights

I’d say apply the highlight to her chin, neck, the bottom of her nose, the bottom of her bottom and top lips, the bottom of her brows, the bottom of the fringe + the bottom of the front section of the rest of the hair and you could even lightly apply it to her eyes. If you wanted to go a step further, you could apply it the underside of her top lashes.

Shadows

For shadows: right under the chin/jaw, the side of her neck that’s side beside her hair, the side of her face that’s right beside her hair, you could also add a soft shadow of her nose (to the left side of her nose), the furthered sides of her hair + the top of her hair that isn’t being exposed to the light.

Those are just what I’d do. Obviously you can deviate, it’s your edit, hence it’s totally up to you. But fr, you’ve done a really good job. I mean it.

1 Like

for highlight u should put the layer in screen mode
and for shadow … it will be multiple
shadow will be the character’s back
and as @schittwriter said… do the highlights that way

1 Like

Omg thank you 🥲 and thank you for the tip❤️

1 Like

Thank you!!!:heart:

1 Like

Do you know the brush settings I should use?

u can use either one of airbrushes and maybe blue it a bit afterwards
and don’t forget to add the layers bcz if u don’t add the layers (with screen or multiple)
then ur picture (character) will be blured too tho

No problem! And keep editing, I’m sure you’ll bring magnificent edits in future.

1 Like

Thank you, but could u clarify the blue part more if you don’t mind?

1 Like

sorry… i meant blur*
bcz if u will not blur it… then it will look different …from the picture

1 Like

ohh man… I think i know this character… she is a MC… of a story… She is a witch…
…i can’t remember the story’s name :flushed: :sob:

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification❤️ Also it’s from my story charmed?

1 Like

is she a witch?

Yes along with her sisters

1 Like

wait wait…
R U THE AUTHOR OF THAT STORY???
OMG!!!
:smile:

1 Like

Yes omg wait u acc read my story​:sob::sob::sob:I get sooo shocked when I find out ppl actually read my story, it was just a side thing and for fun but wow​:blush::blush:

1 Like

Dude!!
I loved ur story very much!!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Omg thank you smmm that means a lot 🥲❤️

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But u should add the cc… (just suggesting)

Wait character creation or captions?