Help with layering/spotlight!

can anyone tell me if layering is available in INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY, because i want 3 of my characters to be in a background layer (so like in the far back part of the scene) but I tried changing the layers, but they still show up at the front.

Hello @yolo.14 hope you are well. Could you send a screenshot of your script?

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY
@transition fade in black 3.5
@zoom reset
@speechbubble reset

@BULLY 1 spot 1.218 160 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
@BULLY 1 faces right
&BULLY 1 starts talk_neutral_loop

@BULLY 3 spot 1.280 50 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
@BULLY 3 faces left
&BULLY 3 starts text_phone_neutral_loop

@BULLY 2 spot 1.280 270 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
@BULLY 2 faces left
&BULLY 2 starts talk_armscrossed_neutral_loop

i dont think i did the layering part right because the number seems too much.

1 Like

Well am not seeing the problem here… Send a screenshot of the app previewed… Where the 3 characters are in the school hallway…

Are there other characters present in the scene? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

yeah theres another one in zone 2

Okay… :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:.
If you want the characters to be in the back part of the school hallway… You have to spot direct them there…

ill still send in the ss

ok ill try that tomorrow
i was also going to do that if the layers didnt work.

Spot directing button is highlighted above and you can use that to enlarge or minimize a character

Use the switch tool to move or resize the characters in the app previewed…
If you want to move the characters, click on spot direct then a frame will appear on a character in the scene so you can move them to the position you like
If you want to resize the characters, click on spot direct then click on switch tool which will change from move to scale… In the scale mode you can resize the character into different heights depending on what you would like…
Layering comes in when you have a couple of characters in the same zone but you want them to be either be directly visible to the reader or acts like a background character… Like the screenshot I have sent… :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hope this helps… If you have more questions, feel free to pm me… :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::smiley::smiley::smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.