Help with Looping Backgrounds please

I am trying to loop these two backgrounds together but it wont work and I am using @Dara.Amarie coding

Background

PNG

Background

Coding

INT. MOONLIGHT INTO with MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5 with MATURE THEMES MLH with STRONG LANGUAGE MLH with ZOOMS N OVERLAYS USED MLH with SOUND ON MLH
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 to layer -6
&overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_MLH shifts to -640 0 in 6 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND shifts to -960 0 in 3 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_MLH shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_MLH shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 6 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_MLH shifts to 0 0 in 3 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_MLH shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -640 0 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -960 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

You’re missing a step. Given above, your overlay size is 1920 x 1136.
It must be 1183 x 700 for it to work correctly.

1 Like

It still isn’t working :confused:

The overlay names are not the same as what you created with the background. I see two different names here. There should only be two overlays, MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND and LOOP_OVERLAY_2 .

1920 x 1136 is the correct size for a 3 zone overlay.

Try the following code (as long as your overlay is actually called MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND), this is the code I’ve used with your overlay names and timings. If it’s too fast, change the “in 6” in the last two lines to a bigger number. If you want it to go in the opposite direction, wherever you see 960 change to -960 and change any -960 to 960.

@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND create
@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND opacity 1
@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND moves to layer -5
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 opacity 1
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 960 0
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 moves to layer -6

&overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND shifts to -960 0 in 6 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop infinite times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 960 0 in 0 loop infinite times

Sorry I have been busy but I am getting an error on the second to last line
48513077-1C9E-4E1F-B94B-12AEDE47F682_4_5005_c

This should say MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in 0

^
@purplepanther391

Sorry. I’ve fixed the code in the above post, was missing the word “shifts” in the second to last line.

1 Like

Awesome but now the overlay is way smaller
This is the overlay I’m using

You didn’t use the correct scale size for the overlay. It must be at size 1.625. And like @Angel.L mentioned above, make sure your image is 1183x700 when you upload it as an overlay.

1 Like

Fixed the right scale but the overlay still won’t work and it is at 1183x700

Did you correct your overlay names like @Winteronepisode said above?

1 Like

Yep everything’s good and they are moving but my one overlay I created is too small

Both overlays should be at scale 1.625. Are you using my correct template? Someone above used a different code so I hope you didn’t change your code to theirs

Did you reupload your overlay with the correct 1183x790 size? Just try starting over and delete the code and recopy and paste my code back in straight from my website.

For my code to work, your overlay would have to be it’s original size of 1920 x 1136. Also, the background you put the overlay over has to be the same height of 1136 (i.e. INT. BLUE - DAY), any shorter and it will scale the overlay to a larger size.

Although, since your overlay is now 1183 x 700, you just need to add two “scales to” lines in to fix it and 700 times 1.623 is close enough to 1136 as you need to get:

@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND create
@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND opacity 1
@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND scales to 1.623 1.623
@overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND moves to layer -5
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 960 0
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.623 1.623

&overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND shifts to -960 0 in 6 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT_INTRO_BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop infinite times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 960 0 in 0 loop infinite times

And yes, I uploaded your 1183 x 700 overlay in and tested it works. And the options to speed up, slow down and change direction that are in my original post work too.

1 Like

Sorry im getting back so late, so the coding up top will work with what I got?

So i got the backgrounds the same size and they are moving fine now but my created overlay stops and then the original overlay moves through how do I fix that?

Code

EXT. BLUE - DAY with MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
@overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND opacity 1
@overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND moves to layer -5
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -886 0
@overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.858 1.858

&overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND shifts to -640 0 in 8 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND shifts to -960 0 in 4 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 8 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in 4 THEN overlay MOONLIGHT INTRO BACKGROUND shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 8 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 4 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -886 0 in 8 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -886 0 in 4 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

You’re using Dara’s template, right? So refer to what she has said here:

Jar is using a different format than is provided in Dara’s template. I’m no expert when it comes to looping backgrounds because I haven’t worked with them before, but Dara’s guide should’ve had it all set up for you—you shouldn’t have had to edit anything except maybe overlay names. Like Dara said, I would just delete the entire script at this point and reinsert it with the correct coding from Dara’s website.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.