Help with making outfits for a muslim character

So I have a muslim character in my 2nd story School of Dares. I’m trying to find modest clothes but it’s a struggle! I could find a nice long dress but it’s short sleeved. Anyone have any advice?

3 Likes

why muslim characters can’t wear short sleeves?

1 Like

put a jackets or shirt over. also Muslim woman wear pants too,

3 Likes

it’s considered provocative and disrespectful to the religion and Allah for a woman to show anything else than her face. by wearing a hijab you are showing your respect and love for Allah. although in europe and usa quite a few muslims are allowed to wear short-sleeves

please correct if i’m wrong.

2 Likes

I’m muslim actually

oh okay. did i get it right?

1 Like

Actually I still have to know a lot about my religion because im young. So I WON’T say anything because if I’m wrong it wouldn’t be fair to my religion. But I wear short sleeves and i don’t wear hijab yet

1 Like

ah okay

1 Like

Well that’s because you don’t wear hijab lol. If the person wears hijab, then they can’t wear short sleeves, or shorts for that matter because it completely goes against the purpose of hijab.

1 Like

here are some examples if you need any. also there are plenty of pants to use from the portal.

i know I’m showing the ankles in some. but that’s because I show the characters from the waist up

3 Likes

dont say it like that please. thats rude

I’m a muslim too…? What are you talking about? :thinking:

1 Like

when you include ‘lol’ in it, it seems kinda disrespectful to me.
okay i won’t spam anymore…

2 Likes

I usually include “lol” to lighten the mood, not to disrespect anyone :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

(I’m not a muslim, but) Just to be clear, long sleeve shirts are on the wrist of the arm. The first outfit-- the sleeve on that jacket is more of three quarters of a long sleeve.

1 Like

I just made these, feel free to use them or get inspiration off them!
these can range from many different years
if you do use them in your story, kindly tag my instagram please tt_epsiode

1 Like

Hm. I just put mine in the graduation nightgown, though granted she only appears once or twice.

thanks for pointing it out I’ll make sure to correct it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, it really depends on the culture. I am a Muslim myself however I don’t wear a hijab and I do wear short-sleeved clothes and basically what the ‘western world considers modern’. It really all depends on where the person is from and if they’re wearing a hijab… although I know a lot of fellow Muslims who wear hijabs and tight clothing and so on :slight_smile:
But then again you do have a lot who are more modest and cover-up more like the character examples above :smiley:

3 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about outfit design. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley: