HELP with MOVING BACKGROUND :)

Hi, I’m having trouble learning how to move a background to make it look like it’s moving
I know this is done with overlays, but my brain isn’t braining hard enough to understand it :rofl:

I essentially want the characters sitting on the train, which I’ve figured out, and included music to make the train sound like it’s moving, but I can’t wrap my head around how to make the flooring and sky move as if to make it look like the train is moving

This is my background/overlay that I want to look like it’s moving (preferably not the train if possible because I’d like the characters to remain seated there), but give the illusion the train is moving

If anyone could help with this, I’d really appreciate it, and credit you in my story ‘Runaway Hearts’ I’m creating! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just realised how many times I used the word ‘moving’ in that. We get the point dude :rofl:

1 Like

So you have an overlay already or are you trying to make it an overlay?

1 Like

Trying to make it an overlay, I’ve put it as a background for the mean time because I didn’t know how to do all the fancy overlay stuff :slight_smile:

Okay, I can make an overlay for it. Do you want the overlay to be of the train or the background?

1 Like

You’re awesome, I’d really appreciate that. Preferably the background (the sky, the floor) as I’d like to give the illusion that it’s moving without actually having the train move (so the characters can sit there and talk for a bit)

1 Like

Okay, give me some time, and I’ll let you know when I’m done.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I can’t stress enough how helpful that would be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is something like this what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s perfect!

1 Like

Is there anything else you need help with?

How do I get the overlays to move?

Also, how would you like to be credited in my story? Any preferred way, an instagram, etc? :slight_smile:

I don’t have an insta for episode, and the one I do have I barely use. So just CowNia (on forums) is good enough.

You’ll need to shift the overlay in order to make it look like it’s moving.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your help!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! If you need any help just let me know :heart:

1 Like

I will do, thanks again!

1 Like

Need help with coding? PM me :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.