Help with new story

I’ve been thinking about creating a story, however I have been struggling with how I should start off episode 1. Even though I have a basic outline on what the start is about, I’m not sure how it would go.

Summary
  • One of the main characters Olivia is on a trip to LA with one of her best friends Robin
  • Olivia goes missing and Robin is sent back to town
  • Jaiden, Olivia’s childhood best friend, agrees to help Robin find her
  • They later find out that Olivia is dead
  • They now have to solve this new mystery
Characters
Spoilers
  • When Jaiden and Robin were back to LA, the went looking for Olivia

• When they began to gave, the very next day on their way back home, they found the dead body of Ora

• They now look for who the murderer was or was this a suicide

• During class the police showed up to arrest the murderer

• They find out that Robin was the killer all along

Please let me know if you have any ideas to how I should start episode 1. Lastly, check out my other thread so I can add more characters into my story
https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/need-high-school-characters-for-my-story/200703?u=mxcli :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe you could start of episode 1 with a jump cut into the future when MC is finding out her friend is dead as police lights and sirens go off to make the reader suspicious yet they don’t know what happened. Then say something along the lines of “Let’s go back to how this all started” so its interesting for them and it builds up how the MC found out. I’m sorry if this is a bad suggestion lmao :joy::joy:

No, it’s a great suggestion. I like how it grabs the readers attention. I’ll think about that as my option of how it would start off :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.