Help with outfit remebering

Hello, community! :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

I re-published my 2nd story! And was too lazy to check it on the app previewer, but I checked it on the web previewer about 300 times.
As I have made some story shoutouts and review requests, I usually pay attention to the screenshots.
It’s a good way to find mistakes.

In episode 3, I make the reader choose an outfit for future episodes. But I always add a “Do you want to see a recap?” at the start of the next episode.
I use the command @CHARACTER previews OUTFIT_1 at the start of the recap and @CHARACTER unpreviews OUTFIT_1 at the end of the recap. BUT when the next episode starts character is in the default outfit, but she has to be in the one that the reader chose in episode 3.

The main question is: why the character is in her default outfit if she should be in the one that the reader chose?

What should I do?
Should I add if elif else, even if we’re talking about 9 different outfits?

3 Likes

you said that its Reader’s choice , maybe thats why you see the default outfit bcz you r the author you wrote the story …Why don’t you try watching your story and choosing the dress from the choices you’ve made and see in the 3rd episode if the character is wearing defalt outfit.
I don’t really about coding :sweat_smile:…So Idk how to correct the mistake if you made in coding

1 Like

Ohh I finally understood what did you think. I will try!
Thank you for suggestion! :green_heart:

1 Like

you’e welcome. :heart:

1 Like

Hello,

So I’m assuming you might have to use the if/elif/else command for remembering outfits!
Good luck! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Okay, I tried but I still don’t know. It was glitching all the time.

This will be the last option I will use if it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Could someone read my story and tell if the character is wearing one of the outifts you chose? And when reading episode 4, choose that you want to see the recap. And when the episode starts please let me know if the character is wearing the outfit you chose.
I’m not asking because of reads. I just wanna understand the problem. :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

1 Like

I can. Send your story link please, and I’ll be reading asap.

Don’t give up yet. If there’s an issue, I can try helping out. I have used the if/elif/else in my own story and it worked, however I had three outfits, and I don’t mind writing the code for you, at all. For all the 9 outfits, as long as you wish for me to do that because I’d love to help you sort this one out. Does that sound ok to you?

1 Like

Here’s the link!

And I’m not planning to give up! I don’t fear problems. I fight them!
Thank you so much for offering your help! I don’t usually ask for help but I really appreciate it!
And yes, it sounds ok. I but I have to warn you I have used quite difficult codes :sweat_smile: I don’t even know how.

1 Like

Is the outfit choice in episode 2?

That’s the spirit! Ofcourse. I can try to help. :relaxed:

1 Like

Nope, in the 3rd episode and it’s impact continues in the 4th, 5th episode.

1 Like

I read episode 3 and there was no choice option, am I tripping? :sob:

Episode 2 had an outfit choice for when she had to go for an emergency. I picked the black and teal one, and it showed it correctly in the recap of episode 4.

Edit: I will re-read, I could be tripping.

1 Like

I PM’ed you so it’s easier for us to chat!

1 Like

@Sydney_H You can close this thead! The solution has been found. :green_heart:

2 Likes