Help with outfit

Hey guys, so I’ve tried to write an episode story anddddddd it’s not working out for me. I cant seem to get the script to remember the outfit.

@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT NAME

Ex, if you’re characters name is Barbara and the outfit name is door it would be

@/BARBARA changes into door
(without the slash)

^If this is what you’re doing and it’s not working, can you show me a small snippet of your code where this is? :slight_smile:

Edit: Oof that’s actually someone’s username. Sorry for the ping. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, I mean it wont remember the outfit.

1 Like

When you preview it on the app? Because when you change the outfit, it remains that way until you change it UNLESS you’re previewing the next episode separately.

2 Likes

To make the character remember the outfit, you can use gains and if/elif/else.

choice “Pink” {
@CHARACTER changes into clothing_name
CHARACTER
Should I wear this?
choice “Yes” {
CHARACTER
Yea!

gain Pink
} “No” {
CHARACTER
Nah.
}
} “Purple” {
CHARACTER
Should I wear this?
choice “Yes” {
CHARACTER
Yea!

gain Purple
} “Blue” {
CHARACTER
Should I wear this?
choice “Yes” {
CHARACTER
Yea!

gain Blue
}

later in the story…when u want to remember the outfit…

if(Pink) {
} elif (Purple) {
} else {
}

Make sure the gains and the labels inside the parentheses are the same. (If you were talking about clothes staying the same for more than one episode, it will automatically stay the same, you just won’t be able to preview it like that in your story.)

2 Likes

Oh okay, thank you. <3

1 Like

Do you know anything abt the if/elif/else ?
I’m using it and even after using it, It changes to an entire different outfit rather than the one I chose.

When you preview your story, you need to press the reset button, because every time you preview it without resetting, it’ll just automatically keep gaining and you won’t get the outfit you want. You can reset by clicking preview -> Navigation -> Restart Episode.

And if that still doesn’t work, you would probably have to go back to your script if you’ve missed anything. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.