Help with overlays pleeeaseeee

Hey y’all I’m really struggling with this whole overlay thing.

I did fine with creating a moving title but I’m struggling to do something that is SO MUCH EASIER than making a moving title.

So I know it’s cheesy as hell, but I have the girl standing on a bathmat about to get into the shower and the camera is zoomed in on her feet. It shows the character going from pants to “naked” (ankle action, nothing else) like she took off her clothes. I made a ruffled, white (matches her pants) overlay and I wanted to to fall to the ground like she tossed it off her after she undressed. Then I want her to walk out of the camera view.

I did the whole overlay create and overlay opacity 1 in 0 and then I added the shifts and scales thing. I’m wanting the overlay to fall from the top of the screen to the bottom, which sounds easy right? I CAN’T GET IT FOR THE LIFE OF ME :sob: its never in the right position and plus, if it is, the overlay is transparent. Help?

Here’s the script I have:

EXT. BATHROOM - RESIDENTIAL - DAY

@cut to zone 2

@zoom on 334 56 to 239% in 0

@SKYE spot 1.937 75 39 AND SKYE faces left

@pause for a beat

@pause for a beat

@transition fade out white 1

@SKYE changes into SKYE_naked

@overlay CLOTHMINE create
@overlay CLOTHMINE opacity 1 in 0
@overlay CLOTHMINE shifts to -34 -132
@overlay CLOTHMINE scales to 0.730 0.730
@pause for a beat
@overlay CLOTHMINE shifts to -41 -115
1 Like

Ask @Dara.Amarie she is amazing with coding.

1 Like

so i suck at overlays to but i think you would have to like spot direct …

so place the overlay from the top where you want it to start then copy and paste what the scale and all that stuff is and paste it to your script then again do the same but at the bottom where you want the pants to fall and once again copy and paste it

@overlay CLOTHMINE shifts to Top Spot in zone # in 0
@overlay CLOTHMINE shifts to Bottom Spot in zone # in (time)

So as i said put overlay at the Top of the screen where you want it to start then copy the code thats the bottom of the screen and do the same for the Bottom where you want it to end up

Is the overlay placed in the right zone? Do you see it offscreen after you’ve placed it? Then you might need to specify ‘in zone 2’ after ‘shifts to position’. Also, if you’d like your overlay to go straight downward it should have the same X-coordinate.
I don’t get how it turns transparent though D: Edit: Maybe the fade transition? I don’t know.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Hope it works :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.