Help with Overlays?

Okay, so the first question is how would I go about having a certain overlay at a certain layer with other overlays? The second question is, why do my overlays flash really big at the beginning of the scene, then they go to how I want them after like a second?help

1. You’d have to individually put the layers, you can’t just list all of the overlays and then add a layer at the end.

EG:
INT. KITCHEN CLASSIC LUXURY - DAY with CROCKPOT at layer 5 in zone 1 with BOWL at layer 5 in zone 1 with CUP at layer 5 in zone 1

1. Use & instead of @. The & symbol will make it so that everything before a command with an @ / dialogue happens the same time as the @. (Sorry that was confusing hopefully this example helps lol).

EG:

INT. KITCHEN CLASSIC LUXURY - DAY with CROCKPOT at layer 5 in zone 1 with BOWL at layer 5 in zone 1 with CUP at layer 5 in zone 1
&overlay CROCKPOT shifts to -34 237
&overlay CROCKPOT scales to 0.987 0.987
&overlay BOWL shifts to 32 250
&overlay BOWL scales to 0.136 0.136
&overlay CUP shifts to 67 262
&overlay CUP scales to 0.497 0.497
&GEONA spot 1.074 255 136 AND GEONA is tinker_stand_neutral_loop_rear AND GEONA faces right

In the example above, everything with the & symbol will happen as soon as the scene starts.

Here is a full guide to overlays that may help if you still don’t understand :slight_smile: :

Thank you. Have a nice day.